Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Last try

leighharper3leighharper3 Posts: 15
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
It's been awhile since I have posted on here. I have had many failed IUI attempts using oral medications. Switching to injectables for what will be my last attempt. This has been a very emotionally stressful year with all of the failed attempts. I find myself asking why isn't it working and what could I have done in my life that I am being punished for. I was going to just stop trying but i feel that i need to atleast try the injectables once. I dont have IVF money so that is not an option for me.Has anyone had any luck using injectables? I'm also switching donors since the one I used the last two cycles is no longer available. The donor I'm thinking of choosing is 6330. He has reported pregnancies but when I search him on the forum no one posted they got bfp using him. So I am wondering has anyone had any luck with him.

Comments

• Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    I am sorry you haven't been successful. I am hoping you get your bfp. I am just starting my journey this month, so I don't have any idea about the injectables. Just remember to try and avoid stress. It can impact you greatly.
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    che_aramiche_arami Posts: 787
    edited November -1
    I'm so sorry the road has been so difficult for you! I definitely know what that is like. nothing worked for us for so long, we only had luck because I fought long and hard with my insurance to get ivf covered. I just wanted to say while I totally understand how you feel, I hope you know it's true that you are not being punished for anything! I know everyone's views on religion and life are different but I really don't think there is any god or anyone out there who would do this on purpose :( I wish you the best of luck and a healthy and happy pregnancy soon!!
    got our miracle BFP on first IVF after 3 years TTC. DS born may 20, 2015 after emergency cesarean. all are doing well and trying to figure out this new journey!!
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I understand your feelings...frustration, anger, "why me", "what did I do or not do in life...", "why is she more worthy than I am?" it can go on and on. I had to give up too. My heart goes out to you. I hope you find the path in life that you feel you were meant to be on. I am so sorry this has happened to you.
  • Options
    leighharper3leighharper3 Posts: 15
    edited November -1
    Thank you all for the kind words. Eventually I will accept the fact that maybe I am not meant to be a mother by birth maybe I am meant to adopt or foster. Right now I am learning to accept what I can not change. I have a awesome niece who is like my own child and have an amazing sister that allows me to be very involved in my nieces life. I am thankful for the fact that I have a very good support system that I can lean on during this time. I just feel like I cannot continue putting myself in a situation that causes me so much heartbreak month after month. I still question the why me, have frustration and numerous other emotions but I have just learn to let it go. I think it is time for me to give up on this journey... I am sorry for the other women who are in the same boat as me and hope they also can find peace and happiness one day.
  • Options
    LadywithsodomojoLadywithsodomojo Posts: 96
    edited November -1
    Sometimes crummy things happen to amazing people for no reason at all. Whatever you do, please do not blame yourself. I know that's easier said than done.
    Minute by minute. You are in my thoughts, and I hope this works for you!
  • Options
    grovehill123grovehill123 Posts: 404
    edited November -1
    I'm in the same boat as you. 2015 brought me 6 tries of doctor assisted IUI's with 5 of them being medicated. My cycles looked good, but nothing connected. I want to become a mother. The direction I have gone is embryo donation. I didn't have any answers, except my age... I guess I left this too late- but who really knows. I am not blaming myself- really what could I have done different??!. In November did my first embryo transfer (btw embryo donation is a lot cheaper than ivf / or in some case adoption). I wasn't successful in November. So I'm trying again in January- have the faith that you can do this in whatever path you take ok! Know I'm thinking of you.
  • Options
    Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    I completely understand the "why me" feelings, the jealousy of others who become pregnant so easily, the pain in your heart as you try month after month. I was just saying the other day that this whole process has really damaged my mental health. I am considering going into counseling. It just hurts...all the time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope you find your path to motherhood, and that it brings you the happiness you deserve.
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png