Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Thought this was all over...now I am not so sure

old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
6 negative pregnancy tests over 3 weeks....started putting TTC behind me...stopped progesterone three weeks ago and most pregnancy symptoms disappeared or lessened...but AF 2 weeks late and this weekend I am noticing when I shower a difference in my abd. I am heavy and I am definitely more poofy right above my belly button...breasts a little tender...I hate my body. I was moving on and working hard at getting my foster care license and the house ready for inspection. I'll just have to break down and go get a blood test...I just feel embarrassed asking for one when I have negative home tests though and dread even one more "the test was negative you are not pregnant" phone call from the nurse. Any of you notice poofy abd. above belly button or have multiple negatives and were actually pregnant? I would be almost 6 weeks.

Comments

• Options
    perfectmillionperfectmillion Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine tested negative on all of her tests... she took test after test and all were negative, then she started her OPKs, and they were flaming positive. Still no positive HPT, she went in for her annual exam, and her blood showed she was in fact pregnant... ultrasound dated her around 6 weeks never did get a positive HPT. She's now more than halfway through.
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    My sister tested negative in all her home preg test. she was 6-7wks and then I believe it was a blood preg test that was positive. She now has a healthy little girl
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    I have no advice. Just wanted to wish you luck.
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was lucky enough to get an appt. this morning. They have to send it to the hospital but I should know one way or another by the end of the day. I don't believe in miracles so I just want this to be over so I can move on.
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited December 2015
    well I hope its a +. Ive been a similar situation where I felt pregnant, had a period but still felt dizzy and off... tested and it was a dark +. I need progesterone to stay pregnant tho and by the time I started it, it was too late for me.
  • Options
    kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    i don't blame you for still holding onto hope. my best friend just told me this week she's pregnant and had negatives for weeks. she got her bfp 40 days after her missed period.
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I haven't heard anything...I asked not to be called if it was negative...so most likely it was...but my dr. does like to do the calling himself sometimes...so I guess that glimmer of hope may be fading..I'll know in a couple hrs.
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    update?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    bfn...it's ok I am on track with a new plan for my life. I didn't expect anything so not disappointed. I don't know what happened to AF...I guess she took a hike. Now that I don't need her anymore at my age that will be ok if I am done. I am working super hard getting the house ready and will start foster care classes again. I'll fill this house with more little ones one way or another :)