Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

So confused with my REs approach

FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
edited December 2015 in Trying to Conceive
The office called me today to check if my cycle started so she said to come for insem on the 17th.

WHAT? I mean, I understand that this is not a set date because it'll depend on my opk (which she didn't even tell me to use) but no follicle scan?
I'm taking 100mg of Clomid for the 1st time and I would think they would at least want to check my follicles to make sure they are growing as they should and the insem is timed correctly.

Ugh! I've been trying to trust the process but this just seems like they are not doing everything they can.
I wrote down some questions and ask the assistant to give me a call so I'm waiting on that.
tt1d429d
TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Really...no testing of any kind?...ultrasounds or anything? This must be the low budget RE cycle! I would be concerned. If I had to wait to CD 17 they would have missed ovulation by days.
  • Options
    Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    That seems very weird. I am starting Femara today and they scheduled an ultrasound for the 15th to check my follicles. She said if I happen to get a + OPK before then to call. They also scheduled my IUI for the 16th, with the understanding that it could change.

They said they usually don't do ultrasound monitoring after the first cycle, but I'd definitely be worried to go in to the first one not knowing. What if you produce too many? What if you have none and it would be a wasted cycle?

I'm sorry you're dealing with this.
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok. So I spoke with the assistant. Horrible call, btw, she seemed annoyed she had to call me back.

I asked her if there was going to be a follicle scan and she said they could do that if I wanted. Grrr! It should be procedure!
    Anyway, my appointment is not until the 21st (CD15) which the earliest I've gotten a +opk but I still think it's late for monitoring bc they have no idea how I will react to Clomid. She said to call for an earlier scan if I felt discomfort or had spotting which is indicative of ovulation.
    So, I'm predicting I'll be in a lot of discomfort days before and will go in for a scan anyway.
    Oh! And I better ovulate before Xmas or my cycle will be a bust because they are not going to trigger me.
    tt1d429d
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    perfectmillionperfectmillion Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That would freak me out. I'd never succeed if we went in blind. Neither cycle was I ready when I was supposed to. Last cycle was 5 growth shots and this cycle was 7 because my follicles didn't want to play nice. Looks like if there is a next cycle we'll be changing it up, although I think I would like to try Femara before going injectable (currently do 100mg Clomid)
  • Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    That is bizarre...do they do an ultrasound before the insem at least? If not, that's really weird...
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, She said they do the ultrasound and then insem. If it's too early, then they reschedule. Its just that I've read scanning should be done earlier so I'm a little nervous at ovulating early with the clomid and missing my window.
    I have one ICI vial left so I'm going to use it too just in case.
    tt1d429d
  • Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited December 2015
    The ICI is a good idea. For my first few insems that's all they did for me too...just went in a little after I got a positive OPK. I didn't like it that way though and insisted on paying extra for a mid cycle scan. Glad I did. It's a lot less stressful. I'd request it.
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    PiperDillyPiperDilly Posts: 121
    edited November -1
    Since TTC with donor sperm is so darn spendy I insisted on pulling out all the stops. Clomid, ultrasound, trigger shot, IUI. I had to request everything myself though. I had success on the first try!

Best of luck to you.