Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
PLEASE NOTE: NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after August 30th, 2024.

Shipping to UPS hub... How do I do that?

FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I'm ordering an ICI vial to use at home because I'm not trusting how laid back my RE is being and with the Xmas being the week I should be ovulating I'm afraid I'll ovulate that weekend and miss a cycle.
Sooo... How do I ship the dewar to be held at the hub? Do I use their address with my name and phone #?
I would prefer not to ship to the UPS store bc they are pretty horrible in my town.
tt1d429d
TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!

Comments

• b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    I just changed it on the app right after I ordered it...I'm sure there is an easier way though...
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    I did that the last time and it delayed it by a day.
    I'm wondering if I can just use their address with my name and ph # as you can do with FedEx.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
    edited November -1
    I'm sure you can. I'd call and make sure.
    Cnc9m5.png

• flashpackerflashpacker Posts: 363
    edited November -1
    When I was TTCing, I would use UPS MyChoice (free version). It alerts me the day before any package is coming, so the night before I could request that the package would be held for pickup at the UPS depot, which conveniently is a mile from our house. I'd go pick it up at 8am instead of waiting all day for the driver. All able to be done by clicking a link in the email rather than having to call etc.
  • HarbinHarbin Posts: 30
    edited November -1
    Hey there,
    So to I needed to do this very thing today. My shipment is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I wanted it held at hub. I have UPS my choice, logged on today to change it to be held at hub, and it wasn't even an option. I called and they said because it's a human specimen they can't accept it at ups. I therefore have taken the entire day off work tomorrow :(
    Age 41, DS A (9), DS L (5), conceived with ex-husband. Now a SMBC going for baby #3.
    ICI 12/15 BFN, 1/16??
    edited November -1
    That's weird...I've picked it up at a hub before with no problems...
    Cnc9m5.png

• OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What? I've picked it up at a hub before.. That's bologna. I'd call again... Stupid out-sourced customer service...
    edited November -1
    I would call UPS and complain to someone higher up. Explain you took a day off work. Worst case scenario they just apologize. Best case scenario they give you some type of refund.
    Cnc9m5.png