Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

First attempt! And positive smiley two days early!

HarbinHarbin Posts: 30
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I am doing a first attempt at Ici at home alone. I had it all planned out so perfectly... Usually ovulate on CD 11 with positive OPK on day 9 or 10. I ordered yesterday for vials to be shipped to arrive tomorrow, CD 9. Annnnd of course what happens this morning? I get a positive smiley. Swimmers won't be here until tomorrow, tried to have shipment held at UPS in morning so I could just pick up, the website won't allow me to do it, when I called ups said I couldn't have it held because it's a human specimen! My UPS guy doesn't usually show up until 4pm. I already feel like the timing of this is going to be completely off.
To be fair this is my Hail Mary attempt to avoid IVF. If it doesn't work I will start IVF cycle in Jan. I can't use these swimmers from NW for IVF since my RE hasn't approved them. My donor is no longer donating, and these vials have been in storage at $40.00 per month for a year. So I decided to go ahead.. And now early ovulation and late swimmers. In those circumstances it has to work right?? :)
Age 41, DS A (9), DS L (5), conceived with ex-husband. Now a SMBC going for baby #3.
ICI 12/15 BFN, 1/16??

Comments

• Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited December 2015
    oh my I would be panicking slightly too although most wont o same day of + opk. so perhaps you still have time. you only have one vial or 2 to use? cause with 2, you want some space between those. if you get at 4pm tomorrow I would do that right away and follow with the other vial about 6-8 hrs later UNLESS you have pains, then I would almost do both really close together.