Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

do you get a refund for 1day late delivery?

tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
edited December 2015 in Trying to Conceive
yeah my package never showed up and its 6pm my time. do I get a refund on shipping? I may be too late for insem tomorrow if it gets here at 8pm since thats the end of their day here.

so not happy

Im on hold with NW now trying to see what the hold up is.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    i have 2 options. drive 1 hr+ to pick it up or wait to get it till tomorrow between 1-7pm. OMG.
    I cannot drive so someone I know is near that city its in, if they can sign for it, I may be fine.

they said they will try to do partial refund on shipping and if I miss my window they will give free storage for the month and free reship. still, waiting yet another month is not what I wanted. It was a medicated cycle.
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow!! I'm suprises they give either of those! Why is it late? Mine was late due to ups.. I didn't even ask..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well if you pay $179 for 2 day and its takes 3 thats pretty crappy. I also got my blazing + opk test this morning and still no sperm at my door. hopefully it will be here on time. I started having cramps last night
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    It was likely a "delay due to weather" right? That seems to be ups catch all for all delays and you can't prove it wasn't = no refund, no way. It's pretty awesome NW is will to help you out though. Hope it all works out for you! I was right there last month with an early O and a late package, I know the stress!!
  • Options
    perfectmillionperfectmillion Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    OkayBaby wrote:
    It was likely a "delay due to weather" right? That seems to be ups catch all for all delays and you can't prove it wasn't = no refund, no way. It's pretty awesome NW is will to help you out though. Hope it all works out for you! I was right there last month with an early O and a late package, I know the stress!!

I have actually won a battle with them on that. I live in a tiny town just outside Louisville (where Worldport is) so even though I can see the city from my front door I don't have a Louisville address. They tried telling me there was bad weather in Louisville as the cause for the delay. I was able to fight them and win because obviously I knew the weather in Louisville.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Lol that confirms all suspicion!! They lie like rugs!! All of my weather delays have always happened in different states, but usually the weather forecasts would not supprt their delay claims ... I just lay down and take it, usually easier than fighting with their India based customer service.
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I agree that UPS customer service can be crap. I was ovulating early. I knew the dewar was coming through a warehouse 6 blocks from my home. I tried to have them leave it there for pick up when they opened...I called before before the dewar was on our local truck...no way...I told them it was for medical...they would not budge....I'd be mad with the longer delivery. I agree that NW is great to even offer anything. I hope though that you get your shipment and your bfp.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    no they clearly stated it was cause they had too many packages. not weather/ its sunny 78 here same with yesterday.

I have not heard back how much will come back to me yet. the box isnt even here yet. got my + at 9am this morning so Im really hoping it gets here soon. Will likely use it when I go to sleep or in morning.