Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

when will I ovulate? I took clomid and have a + today

tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
edited December 2015 in Trying to Conceive
cd13 and took clomid cd2-6. I started testing 2 days ago and all neg but had some sharp pains on ovaries last night and then this morning had a dark + and again at 1pm.
I have all over bloating and ache but no pains like I usually do with ovulation. Im a little worried about jumping the gun and inseminating too soon cause clomid can give you a + well before O right?
Thinking I should just insem when I have the pains?

I had eggwhites today and usually those come a few days prior to O. cervix is high and open.
in the past I believe I ovulate 12-24 hrs within the + opk. or as my cervix lowers.
hmmm, confusing right?
I dont temp.

Comments

• Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    Well, everyone's body is different, but I do know that before I took Clomid I ovulated 12-24 hours after a positive. This was confirmed by ultrasound before IUIs. On Clomid, I usually had not ovulated by the time I had my IUI and some of those IUIs were much more than 24 hours after the positive. I really believe the Clomid made the ovulation time after a positive much later. I don't temp either, so all I have are symptoms and ultrasounds!
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yes this cycle I didnt have any ultrasounds so Im blind going in. although Ive used it on past and not had a + days prior to o. just day of.
    Im hoping I will ovulate this coming morning or tonight and just get on with it.

vials still not here tho :/
  • Options
    edited November -1
    vials arrived at 9pm here last night, tank on its side no less. so ticked.
    I did get a neg opk this morning but woke moaning last night from back pain.
    cervix still high and open. so Im debating when I insem today.
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    Yay!! That's great that they arrived!
    I don't have any advice on timing bc I've always waited for that +opk and I can't understand what my cervix tries to tell me LOL.
    Best of luck!!
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i did the 10am insem. tested 3 times today and the morning was very neg. 2nd was near + 3rd neg and its only 1:30 here. around noon I had worse cramps or its the instead cup. Im writhing in pain now thru abdomen so bad that it hurts to sit (my norm) and my back... oh my. I had some things planned today but I think im stuck at home in bed. so hope it worked. this vial was the tinniest of all I have received. Im nervous.
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to say good luck!
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ty. Im writhing in pain all day so Im pretty sure the egg or 2 came out today and my timing should be fine. I just could not get the IUI in again so have to do it the ICI route. bummed. I wanted those guys right in my uterus. i have a very low and far back cervix tho. i can only feel the tip sitting on the toilet vs laying in bed.

used presseed and put the cup in till 8pm tonight. imsemmed at 10am :)
    fingers crossed I finally get a rainbow baby.
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck Tinydancer!! Hope your TWW flies by!! :)
  • Options
    myblessinmyblessin Posts: 92
    edited November -1
    Good luck!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ty everyone. Ive been spending last few days reading + stories and looking at pregnancy tests photos on the internet for inspiration
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good god.. every month I promise myself I won't cruise twoweekwait.com compulsive... buuuut every month I do. ....the shame!! lol