Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Took my Clomid a day early... midnight nw ordering is not recommended

FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Went into a brief panic tonight.

So I was ordering my dewar from NW (1:20am here) and opened my cycle tracker app to check when to set the delivery for. I jumped up when I saw I was on CD4 and hadn't taken my clomid so I ran down the stairs, got my pills, and took them.
When I'm swallowing, I realize it's not MY CD4 yet, just past midnight of CD3 ahhhhhhh!
Sooooo yeah, I guess I'm taking clomid CD3-7 instead or 4-8 as instructed by the RE. Grrrrrrrrr!!
tt1d429d
TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!

Comments

• Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some REs recommend CD 3-7 (that's what I did for my successful cycle), so you should be fine. The most common recommendations are either CD 3-7 or CD 5-9, so it sounds like your RE is just splitting the difference.
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Take a deep breathe...all is OK...just continue with your doses. You will be fine...stressing out will hurt your chances more..good luck to you.
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    i think you will be fine. I went with 2.5day-6 cause of the time too. i wanted to do 3-7
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys!
    I was up late reading last night and read lots of things that made me nervous; everything from higher chances of multiples (yikes!) to lower egg quality.
    As you guys mentioned, most sources says it doesn't really make a difference so I know it should be ok.
    I think what is affecting me the most is that I wasn't mentally prepared for it yet. I mean, not the idea of taking clomid but the symptoms I know are coming.
    Today I feel yucky but it's probably more for lack of sleep than the pill.
    Hopefully this will be the only thing going out of plan this month!
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only side effect I had was a moderate headache which was not as bad as my normal PMS headaches.
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    yup, I get horrid headaches near the end of the pills