Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Nursing Moms!!

801logan801logan Posts: 261 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hello all!!
I have a question :) Has anyone had their period return after baby for a few months and then just stop? Mine returned when my daughter was about 3 months. I had my period for 3 cycles. I have only missed one month but before I had her I never missed a month. Is this normal when you nurse? Do you think I need to see my dr.? As always thank you for your advice! :)
S & L TTC #1
July, Sept, Nov & Dec - All BFN
Jan-May - Break
June- BFP - loss @ 5 weeks
Aug-BFN
Sept- Dr assisted IUI- BFP @10DPI. It's a GIRL!! Our little girl was born 5/21/2015 healthy & happy!! :)

Comments

• Options
    MareMare Posts: 193
    edited November -1
    When I had my son my period returned when he was 7 months. I had it one cycle and then it didn't return until he was 15 months. After that it was here one month gone the next. My midwives said that nursing, especially night time nursing, can mess up cycles from month to month.
    SMBC to a fun, outgoing, crazy big 7 year old boy
    TTC#2
    August 2015: BFP!!!

tt1ca64f.aspx
  • Options
    801logan801logan Posts: 261 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mare, thanks so much!! She nurses exclusively and does nurse a few times at night. I wasn't crazy concerned but just thought I would ask if it was common.
    S & L TTC #1
    July, Sept, Nov & Dec - All BFN
    Jan-May - Break
    June- BFP - loss @ 5 weeks
    Aug-BFN
    Sept- Dr assisted IUI- BFP @10DPI. It's a GIRL!! Our little girl was born 5/21/2015 healthy & happy!! :)
  • Options
    MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    Mine came back somewhere around 3-4 months postpartum, and was intermittent for the next year. It was close to "one month on, one month off" but not exactly.
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Options
    hoping4number2hoping4number2 Posts: 321
    edited December 2015
    Mine came back every 28 days like clockwork as soon as the postpartum bleeding was over. :( I think my first period was around 6 weeks pp
    16bdg7b.jpg
    Baby #1: April 2011 TTC #2 since 2014 Attempt #10 = BFP! Baby arrived January 2016
  • Options
    Magnolia323Magnolia323 Posts: 185
    edited November -1
    So I thought I had my period 7 and 11 weeks pp. it was light and short but seemed to be the right color. Then nothing until 6 months pp. I now have a regular cycle and am almost convinced week 7 and 11 were just .... Something else? Idk! I'm 8m pp and have had 3 true cycles. My son is breastfed.
    Ms. Magnolia
    HSG- June '14
    #1 IUI @ Dr's- June '14 {BFN}
    #2/3 IUI/ICI @Dr's and Home- July '14 {BFP!!!}
    Baby BOY was born April '15
  • Options
    katelmkatelm Posts: 268
    edited November -1
    My daughter just turned a year old and I had my first postpartum period a few days after, much lighter than usual and no cramps whatsoever (I used to have horrible cramps every time). I'll be curious to see if she's regular after this and if I get to keep the changes - that'd be nice!
    My amazing wife is the bedrock of our family. Three beloved foster children now in far flung places. One beautiful son born in March 2011. One amazing daughter born December 2014. We are blessed!

puzpm5.png

RIiYm4.png