Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Crazy food aversions???

ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hi everyone. So I am currently 16.5 weeks pregnant and have been having some interesting food aversions for the last 4 weeks or so. I want to eat fruits and vegetables, but whenever I eat them I get incredibly nauseous and sometimes throw up. I also have had no desire to eat any meat, except maybe pepperoni. Just the thought of eating meat makes me so grossed out. I have been surviving on startch, like pasta, bread, crackers, etc. I'm usually a big fruit and vegetable eater so this feels I'd for me. Does any one else have anything else like this? What can I do toget over it?
Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
TTC~
Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz

Comments

• Options
    merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    I had insane food aversions when I was pregnant. I'm usually a very adventurous eater but I could hardly stomach anything. I basically ate plain processed cheese sandwiches on white bread (I normally do NOT like american cheese slices or white bread...), plain hamburgers, plain yogurt, salt and vinegar chips, and plain boiled potatoes or plain french fries my entire pregnancy. It didn't get better for me while I was pregnant, but it only took about a week pp for my tastebuds to go back to normal :p
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
  • Options
    katelmkatelm Posts: 268
    edited November -1
    Eggs, meat, anything oily and even avocado were aversions of mine - basically protein foods, especially in the first trimester. Except eggs - ugh, couldn't stand the thought the whole time. I made up for it with a lot of milk, block cheese, sour cream, yogurt, ice cream, etc. I don't know about the vomiting thing after fruits and veggies. Maybe try them in various forms? Fruit sorbet, sweet potato fries, veggie puffs, etc. Good luck!
    My amazing wife is the bedrock of our family. Three beloved foster children now in far flung places. One beautiful son born in March 2011. One amazing daughter born December 2014. We are blessed!

puzpm5.png

RIiYm4.png
  • Options
    merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    The egg aversion was super strong for me, katelm! Eggs and chocolate were the two things I couldn't even watch people eat on TV.
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hmm. Glad I'm not the only one! I feel kinda bad because I had grand ideas of eating super healthy, and I normally have a pretty good diet. Lately it's been grilled cheese sandwiches, pasta, ego waffles and mashed potatoes. DH was saying that we should try and eat healthier...... But I honestly can't stomach anything. I figure that eating some foods (even if they aren't the healthiest) is better then nothing. I do also have a lot of cravings for milk and drink 2-3 glasses a day. I also take my pre-natal vitamins every day. I have only gained 3 pounds so far, but I believe that I am right on track, because my doctor said that she only wanted me to gain11-15 anyway. I was overweight to begin with, hence the lower weight gain recommendation.
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN

• Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As long as you're getting enough protein and fat in your diet, the prenatal vitamins can take care of what your missing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    RedHeather wrote:
    As long as you're getting enough protein and fat in your diet, the prenatal vitamins can take care of what your missing.

Yeah that is what I figure. I doing think I'm getting a ton of protein.... But I do try and eat eggs and cheese.
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN

• Options
    MareMare Posts: 193
    edited November -1
    I'm 20 weeks pregnant and I have been a vegetarian for years so meat wasn't necessarily something I had an aversion to. Eggs are a big thing that makes me gag when my 7 year old wants me to cook him some. I was super sick until 17.5 weeks and milk was the ONLY thing that calmed my stomach. Now, I don't really want any milk. I crave protein now, especially nuts and peanut butter.
    SMBC to a fun, outgoing, crazy big 7 year old boy
    TTC#2
    August 2015: BFP!!!

tt1ca64f.aspx
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Being pregnant has totally given me a new appreciation for food and eating! I won't take it for granted again! Lol.
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN