Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

If you aren't home..

edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
What will happen to your dewar when they try to deliver it?

Comments

• Options
    801logan801logan Posts: 261 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They always just left ours on our porch. I would always keep my eye on the tracking to see when it was delivered and run home on lunch to put it inside.
    S & L TTC #1
    July, Sept, Nov & Dec - All BFN
    Jan-May - Break
    June- BFP - loss @ 5 weeks
    Aug-BFN
    Sept- Dr assisted IUI- BFP @10DPI. It's a GIRL!! Our little girl was born 5/21/2015 healthy & happy!! :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would like for them to leave it, I don't get off work until 3 and won't be home until close to 4.
  • Options
    Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    I don't know if they will leave it anymore, since it now says it requires a signature. Maybe you could have it delivered to the UPS store and pick it up there?
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the email you get from ups you can authorize it to be left without a signature... Otherwise they won't leave it.
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    UPS My Choice has Vacation Hold which is what I'm using for mine.
    Because of all the holiday delays, I don't want to be stressing out of the dewar doesn't get delivered on time.
    I've never used this service but it says that during the 7 days you give them, the packages will be held at the UPS hub.
    I figured this was a little better than calling and requesting after the package ships.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would like for them to leave it, I don't get off work until 3 and won't be home until close to 4.

Residential deliveries usually occur later in the day (because they have to get all the business deliveries done before the businesses close for the day), so there's a good chance you'll be home before they show up.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here it is almost 7 and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered
  • Options
    2texasmoms2texasmoms Posts: 299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    One time I had UPS not leave it...I hadn't gotten the email notification I usually get to do a signature release. I freaked out but called UPS, gave them a delivery release, and they had the driver come back and drop it later that same day.

That ended up being our BFP! :)
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    NW shipped to the wrong address!
    I distinctly remember using my mothers as the shipping address because I did the UPS address update at the same time and was going back and forth between screen confirming everything matched.
    Well, NW is shipping to my billing address which is where I've had my previous dewars shipped.
    I don't get it!
    I hope UPS can hold when I call because I don't want to have to be home all day and miss work for the delivery.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!