Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Early Results accuracy and input??

anapeterson227anapeterson227 Posts: 9
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi there! Hoping to get a little insight and see what other's experiences have been with early results preg tests (like first response 6 days sooner etc).

Some background:
30 years old. first round of TTC
Insem 18 and then 32 hours after LH surge. I think i caught it like 6 hours before i actually o'd. used preseed and soft cup both insems.
Having the following symptoms which i do NOT get when its time for AF:

enlarged breasts (sore)
lower back pain
nausea like crazy (morning and night are the worst)
spotting (light pink spotting for 2 hours 9 DPO) <-- implantation?

so all signs point to Maybe but i got a negative test today (11 dpo) and i used one of those early detection tests.

Bottom line:

My period is due in 2 days and the tests say they can detect up to 5-6 days before missed period. Has anyone had this experience where they test negative with an early detection test and then end up with a BFP? OR has anyone actually manifested pregnancy symptoms before? i am super in tune with my body and have been tracking my cycles for over a year. I Feel like im going nuts and its only month 1!

any input is super helpful. thank you.
30 y/o...no kids yet..happily married to my wife!
1 ICI Dec 2015 = BFN 1 iui Jan 2016 = BFN

Comments

• Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    yes, I have even gotten a neg w 1st morning pee but get a + with 2nd pee or later that night. for many 11dpo is still very early.
  • Options
    melandfomelandfo Posts: 490
    edited November -1
    I got a BFN on 12 DPO
    13 DPO the line was so faint at night that I didn't count it as a BFP
    14 DPO on the FRER it was super faint

He is 10 months old now so you are not out til af comes!

Hang in there! :)
    Courtney and Melissa
    TTC # 1 w/PCOS & Hypothyroid
    17 cycles finally BFP
    tt1c499a.aspx
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you, ladies! For future months i am going to do my best to wait until actual day of expected period. i really knew better from all the googling ive done! :}
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Theres statics listed on the pamphlet or the box, I forget. I belive like 80% of women who are prgnant will get a positive by 11 dpo. And actually 11dpo is the most common day to get a positive. (9 dpo is the most common day for a preg woman to test and receive a neg, FYI)
    Even if you don't get a positive today though you're not out until AF shows, so there's hope!! Sounds promising, FX!
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It takes a few days after implantation to get a positive pregnancy test, so if you had implantation spotting at 9 dpo, it's unlikely you'd get a positive just 2 days later. FWIW, when I had implantation spotting it only lasted a couple hours then went away and never came back, so yours sounds promising.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks again, all! if it doesnt work this month i guess there is always another too! :}
  • Options
    WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
    edited November -1
    Those "6 days sooner" tests are false advertising. The only way you'd get a positive test is if you implanted on day 6, which would make you get a light positive on day 8. Most people don't get a positive that early! Don't give up just yet; but don't symptom check either. When we TTC we're more intune with our body and don't always realize symptoms that were there all the time. Good luck!
    Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
    IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
    Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
    IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    My last BFP with twins I didn't get a positive on an early detection until 14dpiui. Same with my chemical. Good luck, sounds promising!
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    edited November -1
    update on this:

AF showed up this morning right on time!! im disappointed but also realize how much goes on that i didnt notice before and i thought i was so in tune with myself. next time im not going to google so much and i wont take a test before the two weeks is up. thank you again for all your inputs!
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    sorry to hear about AF. FX for your next cycle.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT