Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Preparing for TTC #2

MedinaBabyMedinaBaby Posts: 36
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I plan on TTC #2 in early 2016 and I have a few questions.

I have 1 child, conceived via at-home-insemination, and I was lucky enough to get pregnant the first time we tried. I was 29yrs old and did the insemination at 12hrs & 28hrs after smiley OPK. Do you ladies think I should follow the same timeline this go around? Or, should I alter it because I will now be 33yrs old?

For my last pregnancy we used a syringe (with sperm & pre-seed) and catheter. NW Cryobank no longer supplies catheters as they recommend only a medial professional use them. They said I should be using the syringe only. What are your thoughts and experience with using catheters?

Lastly, is there a specific "brand" of pre-seed that you all prefer?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    With NW I am sure it is a liability issue. You can get catheters on line...even on ebay just make sure you are buying a sterile one. If I were you I would start charting now if you haven't already. Use these cycles you are not trying to get to know your body again. Invest in some LH testing supplies and chart when you are getting your surge and when you feel ovulation and temp again to see when you get that rise in temp to show you have ovulated. Those things will tell you the most when to AI. I wish you lots of luck.
  • Options
    myblessinmyblessin Posts: 92
    edited November -1
    I purchased my syringe & catheter from Amazon & my preseed from cvs...im in my tww...but just felt we had a better chance using the catheter
  • Options
    ariellearielle Posts: 240
    edited November -1
    Just because you're older now doesn't mean you have to change your strategy. I'd track my cycle and based on that do the insemination.
    ICI 07/2012 BFN, ICI 08/2012 BFN, IUI 03/2013 BFN, IUI 06/2013 BFN, ICI 08/2013 BFN, ICI 11/2014 BFN, ICI 12/2014 BFN, ICI 12/2015 BFN, ICI 01/2016 BFN, IUI (with trigger) 02/2016 BFN, IUI (with clomid + trigger) 03/2016 BFN, IUI (with clomid + trigger) 04/2016 BFP - ended in ectopic pregnancy, ICI 10/2016 BFN, ICI 11/2016 BFN, Back to Back IUI 01/2017 BFN, ICI 4/2017 - BFN, ICI 5/2017 - BFN, IVF 6/2017 - 19 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/2017 (single embryo transfer) - BFP