Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Ovulation kit

JamesJean23JamesJean23 Posts: 82
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hello,

I have been tracking my cycles, and ovulation for a couple months now, we are planning to try for baby #2 in January. This month I bought the Clear blue ovulation predictor and did not realize it was the advanced one.
The one i used before was two options - no face or smiley face, this one gives 3 no face, flashing smiley and regular smiley.

My question is next month when we plan to inseminate, should I go with the flashing smiley which detects the LH surge or the regular smiley which means peak.

give a girl 3 options and she gets confused, haha. Any one use these?Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    2texasmoms2texasmoms Posts: 299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I've used the ClearBlue Advanced, I've waited till about 24 hours after a solid smiley. I believe flashing actually detects a rise in estrogen, and solid smiley is the LH surge.

But, I really don't like the ClearBlues, in general! For me, I started using them on the recommended date, detected ovulation early, then detected it again a few days later, when it was supposed to be happening! I have much more success relying on First Response OPKs, and both BFP cycles that's what I've used. My sense is that people who have success with the ClearBlue Advanced use it for months on end, and it gets to know your body's unique hormonal cycle.

Just my two cents! Wishing you lots of baby dust for January! :)
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    I used clearblue advance this month. Flashing smiley detects your estrogen rising which is good to either plan shipment (order immediately after 1st flashing) or if you are using fresh sperm since it lives longer. Solid smiley is your LH surge and usually what I have seen is inseminate 12 and 24 hrs after positive or 18hrs giving time for the sperm to swim its way up the uterus so it can be ready when you ovulate 24-36 hrs later. Most people are suppose to get 2 days of flashing smileys before getting a solid some people get more. I got 3 days of flashing smileys before my solid smiley. With these guys they recommend you check one a day after your longest sleep and then once you get a flashing smiley you can test more than once a day but avoid excess water intake before your other test. Following their instructions with a pack of ten I tested twice a day for three days once a day for 3 days and had an extra one at the end. Once you get a solid smiley it stays there for 2 days and you are not able to test during that time.
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de