Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Anovulatory cycle and exercise

OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
edited December 2015 in Trying to Conceive
As little as 7 hours of vigorous exercise a week can cause an imbalance of the hormones that lead to ovulation.. Or so my research tells me.

I cut waaaay back last week when I started spotting because I figured it was due to exercise. I'm now on CD20 temp still at baseline no O in sight.

I never paid attention to this kinda thing when I wasnt TTC. I'm starting to feel like TTC is putting my entire life on hold. It's constantly hurry up and wait.. And don't do anything fun in the meantime. I like to exercise, a lot. I took a huge break after my miscarriage. I thought I was doing something good for myself getting back to old habits.

I feel like I'm throwing time AND money away. Grr I'm so frustrated!!

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it your habit/pattern to exercise a lot? It seems like it would be more likely that a major change would cause a delay rather than a continuation of your pattern.. but I'm just guessing.
    I'm sorry it's not turning out like you had hoped. This whole thing is such a roller coaster!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    ruedeodeonruedeodeon Posts: 160
    edited November -1
    I don't think this is accurate advice. I exercised everyday and ran marathons. Exercise would probably get the body where it needs to be in order to become pregnant.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think it was the change in habits. Prior to September I exercised a lot. Then the last couple months I've been much more casual about it.. I got back to old habits this month and now this.
    Just. So. Frustrating.
  • Options
    ruedeodeonruedeodeon Posts: 160
    edited November -1
    This is going to sound insane, but I made pineapple smoothies with organic pineapple ice and water every day and thats the month I conceived. Thats also the only time I made those smoothies.. I read it in a book.
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    ruedeodeon--with me it was avacados...I like them anyway but started eating them twice a day...I got PG two times doing that. I have heard changing up your exercise or diet dramatically can make it harder to conceive. It is frustrating because what you are doing should be good for your body and it is...not so much for trying to conceive however.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I'm about to make some Christmas cookies .. Take THAT body. Take...that. If I can't win I might as well enjoy my life a little.. Cookies and wine it is.
    Merry Christmas y'all.. I'll still be over here praying for my miracle, as per usual!
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Did you do this throughout the cycle or just at certain times?
    old mama wrote:
    ruedeodeon--with me it was avacados...I like them anyway but started eating them twice a day...I got PG two times doing that. I have heard changing up your exercise or diet dramatically can make it harder to conceive. It is frustrating because what you are doing should be good for your body and it is...not so much for trying to conceive however.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Daily for 28 days or daily during a certain time in your cycle?
    ruedeodeon wrote:
    This is going to sound insane, but I made pineapple smoothies with organic pineapple ice and water every day and thats the month I conceived. Thats also the only time I made those smoothies.. I read it in a book.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I did the avocado bit the whole cycle...I took a hard look at the fertility foods diet and said yuk to a lot of it but I ate the rainbow of veggies and fruits and I ate/drank extra citrus around ovulation to increase cm...I don't know but I did get PG twice with going crazy with the avocados and made sure and ate other green veggies too at least once a day. I guess too I just felt better giving up the junk food and pop. I felt there was really so little I could do to conceive at least eating healthy was something I could do.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got a positive opk on CD 22, insemed that night and next morning. It's now the morning of CD 24 and my temp has been exactly the same the last 6 days! (Like no change at all, sooo weird for me) No shift. It didn't dip before, and no shift after. I always see both.
    I'm back on the belief this is an anovulatory cycle for me :( tomorrow is my last hope.. If there's still no shift I feel like December is hopeless.
  • Options
    Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry :( I hope things still work out for you!
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Okay. So I have a theory..

This cycle has been cray anyways, right.. I didn't dip, therefore the rise will take a bit longer before becoming apparent?
    My temp today was a normal temp for dpi, but because there was no dip therefore I am not seeing a rise. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! Another day or two will tell.
    I truly appreciate having somewhere to vent my TTC crazies.
  • Options
    Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    LOL...I totally understand. Although I am beginning to think I am looking crazy to everyone, even here.

I think if this cycle doesn't stick (and let's face it, my odds aren't good) I am going to have to take a break from it. I don't have the money for this anymore, especially RE assisted. I just want to cry. The holidays made it much worse. All the beautiful families that are so happy. I just feel sick.

I really hope this cycle is your BFP. With all the craziness, something has to give, right?
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png