Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Do you know these donors?

LadywithsodomojoLadywithsodomojo Posts: 96
edited December 2015 in Trying to Conceive
Got my first email notification that one of my favorite donors had samples-- and I was too late! I heard they went in minutes, but... dang. So much for 2015 pricing!

As a newbie, I have a few questions if ya'll don't mind.

<3 Are people also calling the center for a head's up on when the vials will be released? Is there anything else I can be doing other than sitting on my email?

<3 My favorites are donors 451, 877, 983R, 782D, 9470, 7062, 7637.
Is anyone familiar with these?
Any idea on if they will be donating soon, or just sold out recently (other than 7062 who became available and sold out today)?

<3 I plan on purchasing a few extended profiles to compare, but do not want to purchase seven. That is, if you think it's worth it to purchase them. I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if anyone was familiar with them before making any more decisions.

<3 Finally, has anyone driven from Seattle or Montana or surrounding areas versus paying for shipping? Did you bring your own cooler or did you rent the Dewer? Not sure if this is a stupid question...

Thanks so much! If you prefer to private message me you can contact me at nicolegris at gmail.com
Nicole

Comments

• Options
    Flower42Flower42 Posts: 80
    edited November -1
    You might want to double check the donor you liked a little later. I got an email this afternoon for a new donor I'd been looking at, but thought the vials had gone really fast. Nope. They just didn't get listed for an hour or two after the email. Glad I checked back.

And now I have vials in storage until I'm ready to start trying again this spring. :( to storage fees, but I really liked this donor.
    Future SMBC.
    07/15 = BFN, 08/15 = BFN, 09/15 = BFN
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh man, you're right!! Now I don't know if I should buy it while it's here or not. I'm trying to just buy the expanded profile as well as the baby pictures but it won't let me without also purchasing sperm? Am I doing something wrong?
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited December 2015
    You can definitely buy the profile and photos without buying sperm. From the Main Page, go to Ready to Order> Purchasing Center and select Merchandise

Some donors sell in a few minutes. Remember there's lots of people waiting around for those emails, including clinics.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You cannot use your own cooler. The vials need to be in dry ice and something like -200 degrees
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow, I'm sick with a cold and not the sharpest crayon in the box today. I logged out and logged back in and since the photos and extended profile were immediate, I also just bought 6 vials of baby juice!!

I can't believe I did it. I decided I needed to just go for it, and stop worrying so much about with whom. I liked the donor so much I didn't want to miss an opportunity. Thanks for helping this slow gal along tonight!
  • Options
    gprime11gprime11 Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    You can use your own cooler with dry ice. I was in Spokane on vacation and picked up our sample in a drink cooler with dry ice. It only lasts a day or 2 this way, so probably not a good idea to travel with it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    gprime11 wrote:
    You can use your own cooler with dry ice. I was in Spokane on vacation and picked up our sample in a drink cooler with dry ice. It only lasts a day or 2 this way, so probably not a good idea to travel with it.

Wonderful!! And you have an adorable baby to prove for it! I just need to get back to Seattle and I'm fairly flexible so could get over there right before I need it. I figure it's cheaper to drive over there than ship it. Thank you!
  • Options
    GearingUpGearingUp Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Flower42 wrote:
    You might want to double check the donor you liked a little later. I got an email this afternoon for a new donor I'd been looking at, but thought the vials had gone really fast. Nope. They just didn't get listed for an hour or two after the email. Glad I checked back.

And now I have vials in storage until I'm ready to start trying again this spring. :( to storage fees, but I really liked this donor.

If you dont mind my asking (I'm brand new) what do storage fees run?
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    Storage fees are $40/mo but they are increasing in 2016 to $45 (?).
    My RE stores for free but if I were to transfer all my vials there I wouldn't be able to sell them if I didn't need them all.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I thought it was moving to $40/month next year but it could be $45.

Just wanted to ask say welcome! It looks like we have the same timeline. I am hoping to inseminate this next summer as well. The biggest advice I have is to jump on donations when they become available. I wasn't planning on buying yesterday but it was with a donor I really liked and I was worried that if I missed this chance, I would miss future ones and it could potentially delay my TTC. As I am new to this too, I'm not sure how often donations occur, but it doesn't seem super often to me and I was having nightmares that it would happen while I was at work and unable to make a purchase. I ended up getting ICI prepared sperm. I'm not sure if this is the best choice. I figured it could always be washed later for IUI? Being single I feel very overwhelmed by doing an IUI alone at home.

If you ever want to chat 1:1, feel free to email me! It'd be great to talk to someone with a similar timeline. The waiting game will be hard but necessary for me as I get my small business where I want it to be and get completely off medication.
    Happy profile reading :)
    Nicole
    Nicolegris at gmail.com