Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

First Purchase!

Heather&MeganHeather&Megan Posts: 151
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So, we made our first vial purchase tonight!

Excited and nervous!

We ended up going with donor 9470...anyone else use him? We had it narrowed down to three choices early on and I was certain one or more would be unavailable when it came time to buy so I was going to use that to narrow it down but they were all still available to my surprise!

2015 was a great year for our family. We accomplished so many dreams. Hoping we accomplish the dream of growing our family in 2016.

Happy New Year!

Comments

• Options
    superjamiek07superjamiek07 Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    I just made my first purchase too, today! I"m so excited and nervous.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yay! I got my ship notification today....reading about all the UPS issues today has made me even more nervous! We'll be trying early next week so hoping everything goes smooth!

I just made my first purchase too, today! I"m so excited and nervous.
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    Good luck, hope to our shipment doesn't have any issues. Mine actually arrived in 1 day
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Fx!
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks ladies! Now to worry about perfect timing. We are using two ici vials so we can cover a pretty good window I think. TTC can sure be a stressful process!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just a quick update! We received the dewar (or the arc as we lovingly refer to it lol) midday yesterday. No issues at all with UPS! I did sign online so I didn't have to be here to recieve the package. Something that some of you ladies might find helpful, if you have a UPS account (I do the basic free one) you can sign in and request a specific 4hr delivery window. The lady I talked to said if you do that it's not guaranteed but they do their best to get it to you during that window.
  • Options
    jones.mom02jones.mom02 Posts: 295
    edited November -1
    Congratulations on your first purchase. That's so exciting! I have never had any issues with ups either, I'm also a free member but not sure if that makes a difference.

Good luck to your insemination :-D
    Celebrating 10 years together with 2 precious babies.
    Born: Jan, 2016 Home 2 IUI, partner carried
    Born: Nov, 2016 Home 1 ICI, I carried
  • Options
    mforreymforrey Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    We are getting ready to make our first purchase to try at home insemination! I am beyond excited and nervous! It took YEARS for us to agree to donor sperm, so now after 5 years of trying and 6 years of not trying, not preventing, I am so excited that I could be pregnant next month!!! No fertility issues on my side, so I'm desperately hoping that our first attempt will be successful.
  • Options
    kp_babykp_baby Posts: 17
    edited November -1
    Good luck Heather&Megan. Keeping fx for you!
    Me 36, Wife 36 (I'm carrying)
    Dx with DOR
    IUIs 1-3 w/ Clomid BFN (April 2015-June 2015)
    IUIs 4-11 w/ Menopur BFN ( Jan 2016-Nov 2016)
    Last IUI #12 in Jan 2017 BFN
    Now it's my wife's turn...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks!
    kp_baby wrote:
    Good luck Heather&Megan. Keeping fx for you!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Congrats and good luck! It took us about a year to decide to try to have our own kids at all. My wife is 42 and already has an 18 year old son so she didn't really want to "start over" so we had been considering older child adoption and will likely still go that route or foster in the future, but having at least trying to have one of my own was important to me so she happily agreed :) Hoping I'm a lucky first timer too!

mforrey wrote:
    We are getting ready to make our first purchase to try at home insemination! I am beyond excited and nervous! It took YEARS for us to agree to donor sperm, so now after 5 years of trying and 6 years of not trying, not preventing, I am so excited that I could be pregnant next month!!! No fertility issues on my side, so I'm desperately hoping that our first attempt will be successful.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So, I never got a true positive OPK but I was very close last night at work and this morning my lines are getting lighter. I work in a factory and it was really hot yesterday so I think all my water consumption might have diluted my last sample. I also had very strong ovulation cramps last night for about four hous. We went ahead and used one vial today at about 18 past that even though I have a feeling it was too late this cycle. We'll send our second vial back for another shot next month. Hopefully we don't need it though!