Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

TTC road bump in the form of a cyst

handsomecowboohandsomecowboo Posts: 284
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
after TTC at home via ici with no luck, I decided to see a RE and do things professionally. I'll admit that I'm frustrated that it has taken so long to accomplish anything by going this route (seeing the RE since early November) but ultimately I'm appreciative of all the help I get from them. My current hurdle is having an beast of a cyst removed before anymore TTC occurs.

Have any of you had surgery for endometrial cysts before? I'm going to have my pre op meeting in the next few weeks and want to make sure that 1- I have a full list of questions prepared, and 2- I am ready for the interruption in my professional/personal/ TTC life.
Does anyone have suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry this happened to you.
    I tried twice at home before seeking help.
    My obgyn found a cyst and told me to wait it out but recommended me to seek help from an RE. The RE took one look at the cyst and told me it had to come out before any ovarian stimulation. He didn't want to do it laparoscopically to avoid scar tissue around my ovary so I had a laparotomy.
    I had surgery on October 9th and was released the next morning. Recovery was pretty quick, I was driving a week after surgery, and my RE cleared me to start ttc by December (lost 2 cycles). I didn't have much pain either, only took the codeine when I got bored from laying down so I could sleep it off.
    Do you know if he's doing a laparoscopy?
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    handsomecowboohandsomecowboo Posts: 284
    edited November -1
    I'm so unprepared! I assumed it was a laparoscopy but didn't ask (first thing to put on the list!). how are they different?
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited January 2016
    Laparascopy is where they make 3-4 incisions small incisions and work using a scope. Very common way to do surgeries nowadays.
    Laparotomy is when they make a large incision through the abdomen (open surgery).
    The first is usually an outpatient surgery, the second is inpatient so you have to stay at the hospital.
    My doctor said I had to stay 2 night at the hospital but when he saw me walking the day after the surgery without assistance, he discharged me.
    Do you know if the dr knows for sure what it is or is he sending the cyst for a biopsy? Mine did but, thankfully, it was benign.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!