Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

I hate UPS! *****UPDATE*********

HarbinHarbin Posts: 30
edited January 2016 in Trying to Conceive
I am so angry right now! I placed my second order well in advance of Ovulation because I knew with the new year holiday delivery would be tricky. It was supposed to be delivered 12/30, ups was "too busy" that day so it went back to the center, then 12/31 was supposed to be delivered 2:15-6:15. Ups attempted delivery at 11. I wasn't home. Now supposed to be delivered today (except I am pretty sure I ovulated yesterday), and now just got text that it has been rescheduled for tomorrow. No explanation as to why. I am so frustrated! Similar thing happened last month and I went through with ICI knowing the timing was way off got BFN. At this point I just want to get the dewar so I can get it back to northwest in time.
I am almost thinking of switching banks just so I don't have to use UPS anymore. I guess I am out this month, which for me is a big deal as I don't have great odds for success anyway, so every month counts! Thanks for listening to me rant...
Age 41, DS A (9), DS L (5), conceived with ex-husband. Now a SMBC going for baby #3.
ICI 12/15 BFN, 1/16??

Comments

• Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call to see if you can pick it up today.
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    I'm so sorry! I think most of us have been in a similar situation. Do whatOkayBaby said!
    When my last dewar was shipped, a week before Xmas, I was worried about the delivery because my regular UPS packages were being delayed a day. So the day after it shipped, I called UPS to hold it at the station for me to pick up instead of putting it in the truck. They did and I had the dewar the promised delivery date by 10:30am.
    I would call UPS for a refund or post on their FB page as it usually gets their attention faster.
    Also, NW doesn't start counting days until the package shows as delivered.
    Best of luck!
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    Someone posted a similar situation a few wks ago. She posted she contacted nwcryobank was told "they said they will try to do partial refund on shipping and if I miss my window they will give free storage for the month and free reship." It wouldn't hurt to try.
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    KaligirlKaligirl Posts: 7
    edited January 2016
    This happened to me on New Years Eve (Thursday). I had a mini meltdown when I realized I missed UPS. I called them and cried and finally said I wasn't waiting for something trivial that I need my sperm. It just so happened the woman who answered my call is a lesbian looking to TTC in a few months with her wife. 20 minutes later I was picking up the dewar at the UPS hub. They are helpful if you call. I also recommend crying. Good luck.
    12/15 -BFN
    1/16 - BFN
    2/16 - BFN
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Good Luck trying to reason with UPS...I didn't get anywhere with them. I told them it was medical...they didn't care. But a 2 day guarantee should mean something. If you have to send the swimmers back I would push hard for at least a partial refund.
  • Options
    HarbinHarbin Posts: 30
    edited January 2016
    So as okay baby suggested I called UPS to arrange pick up yesterday. They told me I could pick up between 7:30-8:30 last night or first thing this morning. At this point this cycle is a bust, I have already ovulated so I decided it didn't matter but I would pick it up this morning so I can get the dewar back to Northwest.
    So at about 6:30 last night I'm sitting down to eat dinner with the kids and the doorbell rings, yep UPS is at the door with the dewar. :(
    I gave the driver quite the earful. Needless to say I am sending dewar back today and will contact NW to see if I can get shipping refunded. Any suggestions to prevent this from happening in the future? Should I have it shipped to a UPS center or store? I am set up for a final IVF consult tomorrow and will start an IVF cycle in March. I was really hoping to just get pregnant at home prior to having to go through IVF, when I miss a cycle (like this one), that gets further away. I will have another shot at the end of this month and one in Feb. I really can't afford to miss out because UPS is incompetent!
    Age 41, DS A (9), DS L (5), conceived with ex-husband. Now a SMBC going for baby #3.
    ICI 12/15 BFN, 1/16??
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Get it shipped earlier...I know you should be able to rely on that 2nd day delivery but I have had trouble with pkgs other than dewars taking longer and UPS doesn't seem to care. I hate UPS around here....every single pkg arrives filthy dirty....I have to take a broom and dry cloth over every single pkg I get before I can even bring it in the house. When NW used to use Fed Ex I had better luck.
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    After picking a package up once and seeing how easy that was I now order assuming it till be two days late and pick it up. I figure any step you can cut out that may possibly cause a probable the better.
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    Mine actually arrived a day early but it didn't have long to travel
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    Flower42Flower42 Posts: 80
    edited November -1
    Of the three times I've ordered, sending it to the customer care center was by far the least stressful. That's the option I plan to use in the future. I had it shipped to their address C/O my name, walked in, they handed it to me, and life was good.

The first time I had it shipped to my house, it got there the right day, but it was delivered at nine at night. Probably because it was so late, they didn't ring the doorbell, just left it out front. If I hadn't been obsessively refreshing the tracking by then, it might have sat outside my condo (where anyone could steal it) all night with me never knowing it had arrived (in 110 degree heat). The other time I had delivered at home, it arrived at 9 am. No way to predict it.
    Future SMBC.
    07/15 = BFN, 08/15 = BFN, 09/15 = BFN
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    i was the girl who had major issues with my last order and I heard I would be indeed refunded the ENTIRE amount back. $179. I have not seen it on my statement yet but due to the issues, I feel the whole amount was right, I got my package over 24 hrs late and it arrived on its side with the label that said THIS SIDE UP right there for the UPS guy to see. so stupid. he also got a few choice words.
  • Options
    hoping4number2hoping4number2 Posts: 321
    edited November -1
    I had major issues with UPS that caused a delay in shipping to my home (the dewar was in a warehouse 20 miles from my home from Friday until Monday BOTH times - and I wasn't able to pick up!!! They refused as it was just a facility, not a UPS store). The first time we definitely missed ovulation and had to ship back. When that happened, I called NWCryo and they were willing to waive the restocking fee + monthly storage, because I showed them what happened. That was really helpful!

The second time UPS messed up, I was so fed up. I called their customer services reps several times. I never got any clear or accurate answers with them. They just apologized for the delay and said it was unavoidable, due to storms in KY (which is where UPS headquarters is). They stated that they couldn't do anything, because the storms were considered a natural disaster, and they don't refund for that. I was furious, and hadn't gotten any resolution. So.... I went to their facebook page and posted a very thorough review of their crappy service, and indicated that the box I needed was full of human medical supplies necessary for a medical procedure, and the procedure was now being delayed due to their lack of follow through (again, keep in mind... my dewar was NOT stuck in KY. It was 20 miles away, but had been delayed shipping to that location, and they refused to give it to me there until it was able to be delivered). After posting the review on their facebook, I shared it on my personal page, and several people commented that they too had received horrible customer service from UPS lately. I VERY quickly received an email from UPS customer service, and after going back and forth, and sending them info about the dewar, they promised to reissue the shipping funds.
    A few weeks later, I received a check in the mail for $179! It didn't help us that cycle, but it was good to at least not lose that amount of money.
    16bdg7b.jpg
    Baby #1: April 2011 TTC #2 since 2014 Attempt #10 = BFP! Baby arrived January 2016
  • Options
    perfectmillionperfectmillion Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    They just apologized for the delay and said it was unavoidable, due to storms in KY (which is where UPS headquarters is). They stated that they couldn't do anything, because the storms were considered a natural disaster, and they don't refund for that. I was furious, and hadn't gotten any resolution. So.... I went to their facebook page and posted a very thorough review of their crappy service, and indicated that the box I needed was full of human medical supplies necessary for a medical procedure, and the procedure was now being delayed due to their lack of follow through (again, keep in mind... my dewar was NOT stuck in KY.

As someone who lives VERY near World Port (UPS' massive headquarters) I would HARDLY accept foul weather in Kentucky as a reason for much of a delay. When there is inclement weather around here UPS trumps ALL. Rain delays? That UPS plane will take off before your commercial flight. Snow? Nothing is stopping UPS... things UPS wants are cleared before most roads are.

Also, if anyone ever wants to call out UPS customer service for blaming delays on weather here, I'll be happy to play weatherwoman, lol. They don't play the weather problem with me anymore. My address is not Louisville but the county line (Louisville is all of Jefferson County) is literally down the street from me and I work in town.