Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Driving Myself Crazy...

perfectmillionperfectmillion Posts: 106 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So we came up negative in December, which was using the last vial we had for a donor who is no longer donating. We found a new donor, who I really like. He is also a different blood type than the previous, which is really basically me guessing based on what my sister and dad say are their blood types trying to guess mine, since I asked my PCP if she would run the test and was told no, that if/when I got pregnant they'd do it (which made me mad). I can't donate blood due to restrictions based on where I've lived. We had to skip January because Cycle Day 1 fell Christmas week and they were closed and said on the voicemail it'd be a missed cycle. We have to miss January/at least early Feb due to work issues (impossible to get time off the beginning of the year in health insurance) I have PCOS and was really struggling to produce follies on 100mg of Clomid, so not sure what the next plan is medication-wise (I did 5 days of 300iu of "growth" shots from the trigger and it barely got me a big enough follicle. I'm leaning toward asking for injectables, but am hesitant, because if they don't work, I'd have to do them again.

Biggest thing that worries me, and it may be completely normal, and is actually the reason I started the thread in the first place, my RE does donor IUI at 38 hours post-trigger. Both previous IUIs I had cramping the day before (the first time a LOT of cramping, the second moreso the evening after trigger) so I'm curious as to whether we're missing the window. I've thought about ordering an extra vial and having it shipped to my house to cover my bases, but that's kind of expensive to have to pay two shipping fees. My OB-Gyn suggested Pregnitude which I've taken on and off before. I'm also trying to use the two months of forced waiting to lose weight healthily (I'm pretty fat, I could stand to lose quite a bit).

What would you do? Should I talk to my doctor about the cramping the day after, or is that considered normal? Should I ask about Femara or go straight for injectables? Should I buy that extra vial and ship it to my house?

I'm driving myself crazy.

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have no idea what to suggest. But I wanted to say that you can get a home blood type test that basically takes four drops of blood on a card and it reacts differently based on your blood type. We did this for each of us and both were correct.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png