Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

UPS troubles

kchandler0kchandler0 Posts: 1
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I'm posting this here because I've emailed NWC several times and haven't received a reply yet. I would like to thank NW Cryobank for giving people a chance at having a child who normally would have no chance, but it's tough when one of those chances is taken away by the shipping facility.

The package was supposed to arrive Monday. I made sure I could be home all day and sat and waited all day for the package, checking the UPS website constantly for status updates. At around 9:15pm (although I had just seen the truck across the street!) the status changed to Exception-one day delay. I was angry, but still hopeful.

By the way, I happened to ovulate days earlier this month than excepted. I had expected to have to inseminate on Friday. That was okay, I thought, at least I wouldn't have to test myself a million times. But that meant the package had to arrive on time.

Today, Tuesday, I called the UPS number first thing. No additional information. I wasn't to be home today, but they couldn't give me a delivery time. I chatted with someone on the UPS website and was told I could request that the package be sent to the customer care center and could be picked up that day. They didn't call back like she said they would (I had to call several times), but I was eventually promised that the package was indeed at the facility. I had to make two trips because I wasn't told I'd need the tracking number, but was finally told the package wasn't there, there was some mix up about my address (not sure if it was UPS's fault or the cryobank's), that I would need to come back at 8pm to retrieve the package.

By this time (though this is only my second insemination attempt so I could be wrong), I was sure that I needed that package TONIGHT, but somehow had a feeling something else was going to go wrong. I was right: I was told that the package was placed on the wrong truck and there was NO WAY I could have it tonight. Almost in tears, I explained that if I didn't have it tonight that I had wasted over $500. The lady wanted to know what the package contained...uh no. A nice older gentleman employee overheard this and took down my information to be given to the driver so that maybe I can meet her tomorrow morning (I canceled work for this possibility), but I have no more faith that this package will be delivered on time for my try #2.

I have emailed the cryobank asking if my time with the dewar would be adjusted accordingly to take into account the fact that I haven't gotten it yet, but like I said, no reply yet. I am beyond frustrated. I have actually cried over this. I really think this is mainly a problem with the UPS in my area, not the entire company (the package arrived in my city right on time), but I would like to request that another shipping company is considered. I know nobody is perfect but I feel like my experience has been beyond ridiculous, not to mention that most of the employees I've dealt with haven't been very apologetic.

Thanks for listening to my rant. I'm still going to try tomorrow if I do indeed get the package but I really feel like it's too late.

Comments

• Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry for your dewar delay. Try calling the bank directly. It seems like several people have posted similar stories recently maybe they will take that into account.
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de