Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Ivf meds

K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
How much did your Ivf meds cost? Where did you get them? Was this a discounted cost?

Trying to plan...

Thanks!
GOzIm4.png
hAO7m4.png
CmQMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    hopeful2014hopeful2014 Posts: 428
    edited November -1
    Definitely apply for the EMD Serono Compassionate Care program! They make Gonal, Cetrotide and Ovidrel. The application is very quick and easy and I think I heard from them within two days. I qualified for a 50% discount and used it at Freedom Fertility Pharmacy for 50% off the prices listed on their site. The manufacturer of Follistim also has a discount program, but they only offered me a 5% discount, so I obviously went with EMD Serono and my clinic had no preference between Gonal, Follistim, etc.

I needed fairly low doses, so I spent right a little under $2,000 after the discount. I actually ended up with about $500 of leftover meds (since expired unfortunately) because I needed even less than they prescribed. Freedom ships very quickly and for free. I would recommend ordering conservatively because you can always order more, but you can't return it if you don't end up needing it!

I wish you the very best of luck! I will have my fingers crossed for you!!!
    35 years old - SMBC * 3 ICIs, 6 IUIs, 1 ectopic, 1 chemical, blocked left tube.
    Lucky #10 - IVF!
    Two sweet baby girls (IVF 2015, FET 2017)
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    First IVF was $4500ish and I got about $950 back through one of the discounted programs. The 2nd cycle I ordered overseas and paid about $3k, for almost double the meds. It would have been over $6k here. So my recommendation is to at least check out ordering from overseas. If you do, you have to account for shipping time.
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • Options
    kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    i also did the EMD program at 50% plus my insurance covered a couple of them. i don't remember exactly, but i know the progesterone was covered. my out of pocket cost for meds was $2,600. i used Integrity Specialty Pharmacy.
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!