Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Anyone get pregnant using only 1 vial for a home ICI?

KimiMomsKimiMoms Posts: 6
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I know most everyone uses multiple vials, but I'm not sure I'm convinced multiple vials increase your chances per each cycle.

Comments

• Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    I've read that multiple vials do not substantially increase your odds. So one well-timed vial is all you need.

We however would like to increase our odds that the vial is well-timed, therefor we always used two. Worked 3 out of 4 times.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How far apart do you inseminate? with 2 vials? I've read 12 & 24 hrs post +opk. Last cycle I had a +opk on cycle day 11 and mid day on cycle day 12.
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The first positive OPK is the only one that counts. Test early and often. I test about 4x a day when I know it's about time. Most popular insem time for two vials is 12 and 24 hrs past FIRST positive OPK. For one vial consensus seems to be 18 hrs past positive opk.
  • Options
    jones.mom02jones.mom02 Posts: 295
    edited January 2016
    I know many people have got pregnant from 1 vial. I hope to be one of them, in my TWW now. I won't use 2 vials because I can't afford the cost or want to lose my stash of vials for siblings. So I will always just use 1 and make sure I time it perfectly.

I tested with my opk every time I had to go. It was usually 4x a day. I had a positive opk in the morning and did my insemination that night which was 16 hours past :-) woke up in the morning to a high temperature rise.
    Celebrating 10 years together with 2 precious babies.
    Born: Jan, 2016 Home 2 IUI, partner carried
    Born: Nov, 2016 Home 1 ICI, I carried
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Awesome! That's some great information ladies. Thanks you! My wife wants to go with 2 vials this month. And back to 1 vial a month after that. We hope to be successful within 4 months.
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    We conceived 2 out of 3 of our pregnancies with 1 vial! It happens. We AI'd right around positive opk.

Good luck!
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you! I feel better about using 1 vial now! You have a lovely family and beautiful children!
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    I used 1 ICI at 20 hours with success
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    2texasmoms2texasmoms Posts: 299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    1st pregnancy we used FOUR vials--covering a huge window, because I was not sure of when I ovulated at all.

2nd pregnancy was just one vial.

So I'm at two completely opposite ends of the spectrum! :)
  • Options
    syoung0204syoung0204 Posts: 504
    edited November -1
    We only used 1 vial each cycle and plan to try for #2 with 1 vial. We tempt, checked CM and OPKs. I think our insem was 48hrs past positive OPK, but can't remember...we had moved on to relying more on temp (temp drop) and CM.
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx