Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Stay stress free?

KaligirlKaligirl Posts: 7
edited January 2016 in Trying to Conceive
January is my 2nd time TTC. Dec cycle didn't work (obviously). I was set to ovulate Mon (1/4) when mid cycle bleeding kicked in on Sunday. At the time I didn't know what it was and just started crying. My BFF did some research (her specialty) and discovered that it can be a sign of really good fertility. I was OPK+ at lunch and insemed at 2 pm and again at 3 am. Bleeding continued through Thursday by which point I was wondering if it would ever stop. I saw my ob/gyn Friday and he wasn't too worried. He said if it was a cyst I wouldn't have ovulated so no OPK+ and that it might have worked - waiting until the 19th to see what happens.

He told me what was most important was that I stay stress free. I'm a high school teacher so I just laughed as though I can control what happens from one class period to the next. I told him that I'd be less stressed if a magic sperm fairy would inseminate me so I didn't know it was happening and wouldn't think about it. I can't help but care - I'm not sure if this is the same as stress. He said it's easy to say not to stress but it's hard to accomplish. I've decided not to take any preg tests until the 19th and to just chill

Any thoughts or suggestions on how not to stress even a little?
12/15 -BFN
1/16 - BFN
2/16 - BFN

Comments

• Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    I try to stay as positive as I can. Daily I thank God for the life that he is creating in me. I go to acupuncture weekly (very relaxing for me) and I am also adding a massage this TWW (mine is up on the 18th). Staying busy works best but I find that at night it is the hardest to not think about. Good luck!!!
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    2texasmoms2texasmoms Posts: 299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go out for a nice dinner with you SO or go see a movie. Read a book--not a baby-related one! As a teacher myself, I found being around the kids distracted me from thinking about it as well.
  • Options
    sailindanisailindani Posts: 11
    edited November -1
    I am just starting my 2nd TTC as well, the first time the TWW was KILLER for me, I wanted to check every littel thing I felt online, and I Did! and I wanted to start testing really early... and I did. I wanted to check the calender days obsessively and make sure I wasnt mis counting.... and I did!

We have one more vial to inseminate tonight and Im much more relaxed about it. I have decided to give myself something to look forward to thats not a baby... I have planned breakfast with a friend, picked out a new book to start reading, and dedicted if I didnt test early I would reward myseld with a pedicure :)

Its only day 1ish of my TWW and I alreay feel less stressed then last time. You can do it!
  • Options
    Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    I'm a teacher too...kindergarten, and I feel like being around the kids is making it harder for me. I don't understand why I'm good enough to be with other people's children all day, but don't have my own. Usually this is just me throwing myself a pity-party, but it is really hard when you work at a school where the kids come from really bad situations and you see so much abuse and neglect.

I do not know how to "stay stress free" but if you figure it out, please let me know! Good luck!
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png
  • Options
    KaligirlKaligirl Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    Sailindani, I decided I wasn't testing this time either. It sounds like our first TWW was very similar. I love to read - so in a way at least I was a bit entertained by all the research. Although it did make me crazy. This time around in looking forward to seeing Ani next week with friends. I've already decided either I'll be my normal couple beers at a concert or a very happy DD. either way I'm just looking forward to a great night with friends.

Mommy2016, I'm very glad I'm no longer working in the rough Miami schools where I used to teach. I think if I were in a classroom now with multiple pregnant teenagers I would lose my mind. Not only are you good enough to take care of other people's children but you will raise your own to be a wonderful human. I have faith it will happen for you and will keep you in my thoughts. Don't lose hope. And don't stop teaching. Those kids may not be yours by birth but they will always be yours in your heart. At least that's how I feel about my students.
    12/15 -BFN
    1/16 - BFN
    2/16 - BFN