Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

SMBC with more than 2 children

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Are there any single moms by choice out there that have more than two children? How is it compared to two children?

I thought I was done after having Addison, my second child. However, I have baby fever again. If I could try right now I would but I'm determined to wait until both kids are a little bit older. I have plans to TTC in a year and a half from now. I'd like to enjoy the roller coasters at Disney World in October with my oldest, continue to build up sick leave (which can take time with 2 little ones), have Addison old enough so she is in kindergarten or at least close to it., and loose some weight before becoming pregnant again.

Carolyn
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I'm a single Mom of 8 adopted and have had 11 foster..sadly 6 are adults. My youngest is 10. TTC didn't work so I am going to foster/adopt again. I LOVE kids and miss having little ones around. I guess once you go from 1 to 2 it isn't that bad. I am a stay at home now but had 4 adopted and a foster once in a while when I was teaching full time. I will say most of my paycheck went for childcare but if you wait until your daughter is in at least preschool that helps. Vacations won't be that big or buying brand names and such but what really matters in life is family not "things". My teens were mad when I couldn't buy them cars but I found ways to pay for their college...and it doesn't hurt them to earn their own way. Good Luck to you.
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    I thought I was done with E and sold back all my vials. Huge mistake :( I'm probably not ever going to have another but I also know it's in the back of my mind so never say never. R has a lot of issues going on and a lot will depend on him and his needs. However if I do ever I will wait until E is or can be in Kinder. I don't really have any sitters or extra help so in order to manage all of it I think I would need to line it up with them
    being more independent. Having R (5) gone a few hours while still dealing with E (just turned 2) gives me a chance to do house stuff, make important phone calls and so on. Christmas break was rather hard with very little time to catch up. Plus Riley was such a hard baby and Z was 22 months old. I will never risk having another baby with a young toddler after that just on the off chance I had another difficult baby. Looking back R's issues were always there but luckily E was the easiest baby ever. She is however a handful at 24-months!!
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I had one and then added two. I cannot speak about the baby years but I can tell you about some of the later challenges. There is competition for your time and attention. That happens in all families regardless of size but it is something to keep in mind. There is also car space to consider. My SUV seats five. Between me and the three kids, we start out with four. That means that at any given time, only one additional person can come with us. This translates to the kids having to take turns bringing friends with us when we go places.

Those are the only challenges that come to mind as an SMBC of three:)
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png