Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

ICI supplies?

mforreymforrey Posts: 4
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Does NW always send syringes with donor sperm orders or do I need to go buy some? If I need to buy my own, what size/kind do you suggest? Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    They don't send them. You used to be able to purchase them during checkout but I dont know if they still do.
    Still, it's cheaper if you buy yourself.
    I use 1.5mm syringes but I think you can use 1mm or, just to make sure the sample absolutely fits (and easier for insertion) 3mm.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    They are $5 from NW. You could definitely get more cheaper elsewhere.
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    handsomecowboohandsomecowboo Posts: 284
    edited November -1
    I bought my first syringe with my first NW purchase. If you aren't familiar with syringes, I would suggest going with NW for the first time. You can buy needless syringes at pet supply places or pharmacies. The only problem with those are the nozzles/openings are different lengths. Short and wide pharmacy syringes made it hard to get every last bit out of the donor vials. The NW syringe is optimally long and narrow.

Good luck!
  • Options
    mforreymforrey Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    I bought my first syringe with my first NW purchase. If you aren't familiar with syringes, I would suggest going with NW for the first time. You can buy needless syringes at pet supply places or pharmacies. The only problem with those are the nozzles/openings are different lengths. Short and wide pharmacy syringes made it hard to get every last bit out of the donor vials. The NW syringe is optimally long and narrow.

Good luck!

Thank you! That was my main concern. I didn't want to buy a syringe and have it be too short to reach where I want it to go. Haha.
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We bought 3mm sterile blut tip fill needle syringes on amazon. Rather inexpensive for a 10 pack. We used it- with needle on (also using a speculum) to place the swimmers directly on the cervix. Precision. Worked 3 out of 4 times for us...
  • Options
    emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    I know this sounds crazy, but we bought a box of "tom cat catheters" at our local small animal veterinarian. No questions asked... and they worked perfectly.... we have 2 miracles to prove it :)
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    emlklg444 wrote:
    I know this sounds crazy, but we bought a box of "tom cat catheters" at our local small animal veterinarian. No questions asked... and they worked perfectly.... we have 2 miracles to prove it :)
    I've heard of others doing that. I asked my local target if I could buy syringes there and they looked at me like I was bananas. I felt like the crazy one lol