Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Disappointed

leslieanedesmondleslieanedesmond Posts: 18
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I feel whiney even posting this, after two IUI's I was advised my physician wants to start me on medication, this wasn't a route I am ready to take and feel that my body just needs more time. It was hard enough getting my period today but to told we want to start medications felt like my body was broken. I know a lot of you have been trying for a lot longer and I can't imagine how you keep going. I'm emotionally exhausted with this new information. Thank you for reading my rant.

Comments

• Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    Sorry, :(.
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The height of disappointment for a BFN was AF day, for me. From there the excitement would start to build for the next possible cycle.

I'm so sorry this month was a bust. Unless there's some undisclosed reason why he wants you to start meds I agree that two tries does not mean it's not working. But perhaps he's really just trying to help max out your odds.. It's hard to say without knowing more about your situation.

All the same, I think most women here understand exactly the disappointment, sadness, and frustration you're feeling. It WILL happen. Vent when you need to. :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you, my partner and I just started the process and both feel it's too early to start medications. I am 31 years old, have regular periods and have been ovulating naturally. We have both tried to remain neutral during the two week wait and than af comes and it comes crashing down and than adding the doctor saying they want to start medications, it just added to the disappointment. I am so thankful for this forum, it's comforting knowing that others are going through the same challenges.
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    Did they tell you what type of medications he wants to start you on?
    Your body is not broken, it just might need a little help.
    When going through a doctor sometimes is better to time everything with medications in order to have expected results. There's enough unknowns for us to deal with that sometimes it's best to leave these hard processes to our doctors.
    I'm single, never ttc and I welcome the use of meds if they are going to help me conceive faster.
    Once we have our babies in our hands, the process on how they got there will be a far away memory.
    You, of course, could continue to do at home unmedicated cycles if that's what you wish. That's the beauty of NWC!!
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    handsomecowboohandsomecowboo Posts: 284
    edited November -1
    Two tries does seem like an early time for a change in plan. I initially didn't want to do any meds either. Then, BFN after BFN, getting older, and some conversations with my bf, I decided to maximize my chances and spend the money on it then rather than spending it on more vials and shipping. It's such a personal decision but certainly not a failure! Even in the people with no issues and all the baby-making bits in the world, six tries is the minimum for a technical fertility concern.

Third time's the charm!
  • Options
    KaligirlKaligirl Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    I didn't know it was six tries for a technical fertility concern. Thank you for that information.

My first try ended on Christmas Eve. AF came during family breakfast. I couldn't stop crying.

I've decided not to test at all this cycle. AF is due on the 19th. If she doesn't come I'll test. If she does come - whose kidding - I'll cry.

I hope all the best for you.
    12/15 -BFN
    1/16 - BFN
    2/16 - BFN
  • Options
    flashpackerflashpacker Posts: 363
    edited November -1
    Two points

- If you'd rather try again without meds, you can. Just cos your Dr makes a suggestion, it's your body.
    - You're not broken. Don't be harder on yourself than you'd be on someone else who was using meds. I doubt you'd be so critical of someone else as you're being on yourself :)

Good luck. It's an emotional process for sure!!!
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kaligirl wrote:
    I didn't know it was six tries for a technical fertility concern. Thank you for that information.

My first try ended on Christmas Eve. AF came during family breakfast. I couldn't stop crying.

I've decided not to test at all this cycle. AF is due on the 19th. If she doesn't come I'll test. If she does come - whose kidding - I'll cry.

I hope all the best for you.

I cried. More importantly I wine-d. Wine always helped, especially the day of. Stay positive, it WILL happen.
  • Options
    KaligirlKaligirl Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    Thank you Okay Baby,

I'm staying positive. I like your wine idea :)

This month either I'm drinking at the Ani show on the 23rd or I'll be the DD. Either way I've already decided I'm going to be happy.
    12/15 -BFN
    1/16 - BFN
    2/16 - BFN
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Jealous, I love Ani. She is never close enough for me to go see her ( I would have to make a weekend out of it and that is difficult w/ an 11 year old). Have fun no matter what. Hang in there.
    Kaligirl wrote:
    Thank you Okay Baby,

I'm staying positive. I like your wine idea :)

This month either I'm drinking at the Ani show on the 23rd or I'll be the DD. Either way I've already decided I'm going to be happy.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would ask him to do a fertility work up before agreeing on meds.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you everyone for all your of kinds words. Last week was a hard week for both my partner and I, but we are going to discuss with my doctor options. We are taking a vacation at the end of the month so we are skipping this cycle. I think it will be good to just take a breather for a month and than began this journey which will bring our bundle of joy.