Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

had my first acupuncture session

myblessinmyblessin Posts: 92
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
....yesterday...it was relaxing...although i couldn't get my mind to rest lol...i will be going once a week up until my insem @ the end of the month...then we'll see what comes next!!!

Has anyone tried acupuncture during ttc?

Did you see any changes or bfp?

Tell me about your experience....thanks

Comments

• Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Hi. I enjoy going to acupuncture weekly. I have been going since Sept to a Community Acupuncture Ctr. If they play music try to concentrate on that & it should help clear your mind. It has helped increase my lining and helped me relax through this process. I go weekly and then also one day during my clomid days, the day before follicle US, the day before IUI & 2 days after IUI (even if it falls within my normal scheduled time). My RE recommends going the day of both US & IUI but mine are always scheduled early in the morning so it's not possible.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok mine also recommended me to come the day of insemination
  • Options
    ana8284ana8284 Posts: 628
    edited November -1
    While I'm not going currently, I also go to community accupuncture. I found it beneficial to download a fertility meditation to my phone and stick my earbuds in. I was able to relax much deeper that way. If I wasn't in the mood to meditate I would just take earplugs with me as I'm very sensitive to noise. Hope you find it beneficial!
    27zc85c.jpg

IUI #1- 07/12-BFN, IUI #2 08/12-BFN, ICI at home 10/12- BFN, Back to Back IUI #3 08/13-BFN, IUI #4 09/13-BFN, IUI #5 03/14- BFN, IUI #6 05/14- BFN, IUI #7 06/14-BFN
    KD-10/14-BFN KD-12/14-BFN IUI #8 3/15 BFN, IUI #9 4/15 BFN, IUI #10 6/17 BFN
    Potential Adoptive Parents- Baby Due November 2017!
    IUI #8 04/15- BFN
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks maybe I'll try that next time
  • Options
    kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    i was just going to write a post about this. i go twice a week to a community acupuncture. i use circle + bloom ivf/iui meditations. they have 3 meditations for precycle. that's what i'm currently doing. i love it. it's relaxing. i had an ultrasound last week and my RE said my lining looked fantastic and the cyst on my ovary is gone. this is my first cycle of ivf so i'm not sure when i go in around retrieval and transfer.
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!
  • Options
    emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    Yes, I did acupuncture prior to each of our successful conceptions. I was not receiving acupunture the times we conceived but miscarried. I truly think it helped to regulate my cycle & get my hormones in balance. I also took the prescribed Chinese herbs. Its expensive, but worth it.
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Great!!!! Glad to hear positive feedback!!!