Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

12hr OPK testing

MedinaBabyMedinaBaby Posts: 36
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Happy day for me - I received my dewar this afternoon :)
Now I plan on taking OPK test every 12hrs (negative at 10am this morning) until i get my smiley. Plan will be to inseminate (at home) at 12hrs & 24hrs past positive smiley.

woohoo!

Comments

• Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Fx!!!
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a poas-oholic. I tested at least every 4. I liked the know exactly when that surge hit. For me the little extra spent on tests was worth it to know I nailed my timing. Just something to consider. Good luck!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Still getting negative on the OPK...which is technically okay since I think my ovulation date will be on Thursday. However, that doesn't keep me from panicking a bit!
    I think I will be following OkayBaby's lead and start testing more!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    MedinaBaby wrote:
    Still getting negative on the OPK...which is technically okay since I think my ovulation date will be on Thursday. However, that doesn't keep me from panicking a bit!
    I think I will be following OkayBaby's lead and start testing more!
    I bought the cheap dip tests off amazon (wondfo) and use those every 4, or every time I went. When it was close to positive I'd also use a smiley (clearblue) to confirm. I could nearly pinpoint the hour the LH surge happened. Also a couple cycles I noticed the Lh strip would get fainter than it had been then BAM undeniably positive all of a sudden. LH testing was the most stressful part of the whole process for me. Good luck, keep testing, it's gonna happen .. Then the dreaded tww haha the fun never ends!! ;p
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just got my smiley OPK!!!!!

It's go-time tonight at midnight :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes!! Congrats! Step one! Good luck!!