Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Trying to figure out perfect timing

erica.woodringerica.woodring Posts: 70
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
This month will be our first attempt at insem. I'm still waiting for my period this month, which should be here any day now. The past 2 months I've had my first positive opk on CD 16. So I'm thinking that will be the day this month. One of the most important things to me is figuring out the shipping so that the Dewar is here in time and so that I'm not holding onto it for crazy long either. If I get my period tomorrow, my CD 16 will be Sunday, the 31st. I'm thinking that if this is the case I'll want to order so the Dewar is here that Friday. Would I put my order in on Tuesday before 2pm for this to happen? I'm open to any and all suggestions. I just don't want to mess anything up and not get my Dewar on time or have it too early.

Thanks!
TTC #1 in January 2016! :)
Erica & Erica (started dating 12/06; married 07/14) TTC Attempt #1 01/16 BFN, #2 02/16 - BFP, ended in MC at 6 weeks; Attempt #3 07/16 BFN; Attempt #4 9/16 - BFN; Attempt #5 10/16 - BFN

Comments

• Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just something to consider.. If it's a day late arriving, you may not get it until Monday. It's a bad time of year for foul weather. I would have it ship on Tuesday, arrive on Thursday and hold for pickup. Pick it up yourself to skip the possibility of delivery mess ups. It will be guaranteed to keep frozen until the following Thursday. This gives you a large window of error in delivery or late/early ovulation. In my case- anything that could go wrong will!! Lol good luck!
  • Options
    2texasmoms2texasmoms Posts: 299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can order and schedule shipping up to 30 days before you need it...just in the check-out process, you select what day you want it to arrive. I would second having it arrive on Thursday, just in case it is delayed by weather or by UPS being...UPS.
  • Options
    flashpackerflashpacker Posts: 363
    edited November -1
    Strange things can happen to your ovulation with the stress of TTC. Too early is definitely better than too late. I don't typically ovulate till CD 17 or 18 but ended up being most comfortable / least anxious getting the swimmers around CD12. I had one cycle of using them way past the 7 days but they were still nicely frozen.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you ladies. That makes a lot of sense and I think I'll follow your advice. Hopefully af comes tomorrow so I can finally get this process going. I may have missed it on nw's website, but how does return shipping work? Is it already paid for or are we paying for it? Do you ship back in the box the Dewar originally came in? I just want to have all my ducks in a row.
    Erica & Erica (started dating 12/06; married 07/14) TTC Attempt #1 01/16 BFN, #2 02/16 - BFP, ended in MC at 6 weeks; Attempt #3 07/16 BFN; Attempt #4 9/16 - BFN; Attempt #5 10/16 - BFN
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited January 2016
    Return shipping is paid for. There is a label in the packet that comes in the box. You do not take the Dewar out of the box. Just tape it back up and drop it off at UPS. I would recommend getting a confirmation slip with tracking from UPS. There is also a post @ the top of the page called Pictures of Dewar that will explain it & has pictures.
    Thank you ladies. That makes a lot of sense and I think I'll follow your advice. Hopefully af comes tomorrow so I can finally get this process going. I may have missed it on nw's website, but how does return shipping work? Is it already paid for or are we paying for it? Do you ship back in the box the Dewar originally came in? I just want to have all my ducks in a row.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    edited November -1

It comes with a return label. You just tape it back closed and stick the label on it. I always took it back to ups myself, but I believe you can schedule a pick up (sounds complicated lol). Also. I never open the actual dewer until I needed the contents. I opened the box, checked the paper.. But I always figured better leave the dewer closed in case I needed it longer- made sense to me. But they advise you to open and check. I never had a wrong shipment, or heard of one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone! I'm feeling better about everything now. I figured it was probably posted somewhere and I just missed it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone! I'm feeling better about everything now. I figured it was probably posted somewhere and I just missed it.

Everything you need to know about everything is in this forum somewhere... I wish the search function was more, functional.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's here! AF came today! This means my CD 16 will be on Saturday the 30th which is even better for my and my wife's work schedules. Now I can breathe easier.