Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

OPK and

JamesJean23JamesJean23 Posts: 82
edited January 2016 in Trying to Conceive
Hi all,

We were planning on TTC this month however work for me has been nuts and it just has not worked out. However I was still testing just to track. So I used the clear blue digital that gives you the 3 similes and it really messed me up. I got a flashing smiling on Sunday 1/10 and every then the same all week, this morning i finally got the solid smiley which is supposed to be the day of ovulation. Would i really have a surg all week? I used the one last pregnancy with the two similes like yes LH surg or no lol. I'm probably just over thinking but wanted to see what everyone thought.

I should add we do not do at home. The office procedure is when I get that smiley I call and they schedule a time for me to come in, therefore the whole week thing threw me off bc I would have called Sunday to go in Monday and then to not actually ovulate until Friday? ugh

Comments

• Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe most people here use the clearblue with the empty circle (negative) or smiley (Lh surge/positive) .. That's seems the best bet for insemination purposes. The flashing ones seem best for live sperm since it lives longer, so you're looking for more of a fertility window rather than exact O time.

Also, FYI, once an Lh surge is detected most women ovulate 12-36 hours after.
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    I use the clear blue advance. No smiley = low fertility (very unlikely to concieve), flashing smiley = rise in estrogen level (getting closer, could concieve with fesh sperm), solid smiley = LH surge, ovulation will occur 12-36 hrs (highest chance of conception).
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    JamesJean23JamesJean23 Posts: 82
    edited January 2016
    New-Mama? That makes sense! So it was a rise in estrogen not necessarily LH Surge. I appreciate you breaking that down for me. I'm like what how could that be all week long!
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    Your welcome. When I first bought them I was confused to, after much asking and research I got it down. Happy to pass on the knowledge.
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de