Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Endometriosis

LadywithsodomojoLadywithsodomojo Posts: 96
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Help! I went of BC for the first time in 6-7 years and my symptoms have been horrendous. I'm on day 12 of cramps, back pain, and diarrhea (started the day before my period). My doctor says the only hope in sight is to go back on the pill (which obviously isn't going to happen!). I'm assuming this is because of endometriosis as that's why I went on the pill to begin with.

My question is, does anyone know if the longer you are off BC the worse your endometriosis gets, therefore potentially making it harder to conceive? Is BC fixing the endometriosis, or just masking it and if I have fertility issues they will be there regardless?

I'm not planning on TTC until this summer and was hoping to use this time to get to know my body and cycle better for optimal timing. But I'm not going to last if I feel like this every day!

Thanks, ladies.

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I can't help you with the endometriosis question but when I went off birth control I had some of the same symptoms..without the endometriosis. I was on it for less time than you were. I was just put on it to stop my cycle for IVF which had to be cancelled because BC gave me bloodclots too. Total other topic but it scares me that birthcontrol pills may be an over the counter thing soon. They are more dangerous and cause more problems than people think. I hope your symptoms stop and you are able to chart and get to know your body for a short successful TTC journey.
  • Options
    handsomecowboohandsomecowboo Posts: 284
    edited November -1
    I only recently had endo confirmed. My symptoms are similar to yours, although everyone is different. For me, the bc managed the hormones, which made my periods much more manageable. Coincidentally, it turns out that it also kept the endo under control, meaning no internal inflammation where there shouldn't be. Like you, the longer I was off bc, the worse my symptoms were. I couldn't say if the actual endo got worse, but it felt like it.

Now, 3 years later and TTC, I'm off the bc, and have had endo cysts form. For me, I've decided that I need to maximize every chance by working with a RE to do med assisted IUI . Meanwhile, I'm personally funding the college tuition for the children of the makers of ibuprofen. A surgery to remove my endo cysts will buy me a few months or more to TTC and hopefully some pain relief.

I have read that getting knocked up can help with ongoing endo. So here's to more pressure with the emotional and physical gambling of TTC! Good luck all around!
  • Options
    LadywithsodomojoLadywithsodomojo Posts: 96
    edited November -1
    Thank you both for your insight! Yes, I'm worried it's just going to get worse and was curious to see what others have experienced. What a drag.

Sending pain-free baby dust your way!