Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Queue the Meltdown. I can't deal with my RE

FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So for the second cycle in a row I'm ovulating on a Sunday and have an RE who doesn't work on the weekends.
I'm so frustrated is not even possible to describe what I'm feeling.
Last month I got a + opk on Saturday morning and I had begged my RE for a trigger shot on Friday but he refused so I ended having to miss the cycle.
Now, as I feared, I got a +opk at 9am today. I drove down to the office because I heard sometimes they go in the mornings but there wasn't anyone there. I called and called the phone answering service to try and get someone to call me back.
One of the techs called me and agreed she would go in tomorrow at 8:30am to do my IUI but that she couldn't do anything else like US.
I said that's fine, I would do it myself but they have my sample.
About an hour later she called saying that the RE hadn't authorized her to go perform the IUI and that he was out of town and couldn't go in.
They offered to do a free Procedure on Monday but that's too late! I ovulate between hour 26-42 and I feel it would be a waste to use the vial 49 hours after +opk
I produced at least 3 follicles this month and everything else has gone like clockwork but I have ZERO help from the one who is supposed to be the one I rely on.
I told the tech I would be finding a different doctor.
Now the question is, how do I get my sample back from this RE?
The other RE is 2 1/2 hours away and I'll most likely miss the next cycle because I'll be on CD1-3 at the time of my appointment.
I've never broken down as much as I did today on my Ttc.
tt1d429d
TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!

Comments

• Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have any words of wisdom except that I too would be SO mad. I'm so sorry you're dealing with that frustration.
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I am sorry. At least if you had the vial you could have tried on your own. How can an RE not have someone who will perform these on weekends. Patients aren't programmable robots. I would be angry too.
  • Options
    Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    I'm so sorry! I don't understand how an RE can get by with this crap!

I hope it works out with the new RE. Mine is about an hour and a half away, so I understand the inconvenience, but it's worth it when they work with you and for you!
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png
  • Options
    handsomecowboohandsomecowboo Posts: 284
    edited November -1
    How frustrating! Especially if they are holding your vial hostage! Why would they offer to perform it for free unless he's admitting a fault? So sorry that you have to deal with this!!
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. Wish he had been at least willing to give you the trigger shot if he is not available wknds. Hopefully everything works out for the best. Good luck with new re.
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had vials moved from one RE to another and it was d@mn expensive. I think it was about $850 to cover shipping and dewar "rental". It was insane. But worth it for what we wanted.
    Maybe if you can move it yourself without shipping through a company you might only have the dewar rental cost, which should be less.
    It might also be worth getting a lawyer to write a letter to the RE letting them know that since he admitted fault in not being available for you, as recompense he should cover the cost to move the vial to your new doctor.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    OMG, I feel your pain! DW & I started with IUIs in a doctor's office, but that whole weekend-ovulation thing happened to us 2-3 times and it was too much to bear. Sorry you're having the same crap luck. :( We looked into having a midwife come do it for us, and then we said, "Screw it!" and decided to DIY and inseminate each other. Ultimately, I'm glad it ended up like that, but at the time it was SO frustrating. I can't count how many tears it caused.
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    that is a horrible scenario and just that 1st experience alone would have me rethinking but at least you could have insemmed by yourself, especially since you had 3 follies! you need to leave them or put matters into your own hands. you are just wasting time, money and emotions.
  • Options
    WannabeasinglemamaWannabeasinglemama Posts: 969
    edited November -1
    So sorry, honey!! Can you switch REs? Mine was open 7 days for IUIs.
    Nicole-SMBC-39y/o-TTC since Jan. 2013
    IUI~BFP (BORN STILL) AT 16w5d 4/3/14
    Chemicals~IUI 7/24/14;8/21;BFNs~9/25;10/19;IVF#1-2/21/15~No embies made to blast.
    IVF#2-BFP~4/16 trans. 2 embies
    MIdqadD.jpgMIdqm5.png
    mf0Km4.png
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    Thank you all for your sympathy.
    I was feeling like crap yesterday and went through a hundred emotions anytime I went to the bathroom and saw all that fertile CM.
    Today I was reminded of it anytime I cramped.

I've had a thousand ugly thoughts about this RE. I live in a highly conservative/macho area and I've wondered if he's opposed to helping someone have a child on their own. There had been so many things he's done that don't go with what I read REs do for their patients. He has never checked my hormone levels. I've only ever had 1 basic blood work done, he refused to trigger me without a reason, and he won't monitor my follicles unless I request that appointment. I'm just soooo furious with him!

My visit with the other RE, who's 2 1/2 hours away, is on February 2nd and I'm hoping my cycle is not early this time and I don't end up wasting yet another month. I told the lady I made my appointment with that I needed to know two things before I made the appointment; first is he worked with overweight clients and second if he did IUIs on call (nights and weekends). Thankfully, she answered yes to both.

Seeing the way I've responded to Clomid (cyst free) I'm been thinking about going a cycle solo. My sister's gyno, who became mine when I moved here and is a good friend, offered a prescription and I can do the rest myself. I can also have one of my sister's coworkers to do an US at the hospital just to rule out cysts before insemination.
    I was thinking that if the other RE is a good fit and the current one doesn't find a solution I'm happy for the vial he has, I could get another vial sent from NW and use the same dewar to move the vial from one office to the other.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you have a plan. I am so sorry you've lost another cycle to this bad RE.

Hoping February is your month! (and mine too)
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can that gyno do iuis for you?
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    Mine did.
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine offered to do IUIs for me.