Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

second guessing an RE....ugh

F2M n SpouseF2M n Spouse Posts: 1,021 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Maybe I'm just over thinking it but our appt is this Thursday with the RE and I'm second guessing seeing him. Heath isn't helping much he just goes with the flow and is like whatever you want to do well do. Lol. Took 3 months to get in to see him!!!

The whole reason for seeing him was to try to relieve some stress but it's like it's going to add stress to others aspects of our life. He's 2.5 hours away in good weather and we keep getting slammed with snow so it's going to make the drive longer, which we didn't think about this time of year.

I also need to find out tomorrow if they do IUI's on weekends because if not its a NO go considering 90% of my insems fall on a weekend.

I can't help but think we got pregnant at home already, I'm sure we could do it again and how much more money it will cost seeing an RE. Plus Heath wants to be at all appointments but his schedule isn't flexible like mine so it's going to be hard for him to go for the next couple of months since they are doing manager changes among a couple stores. Ugh

Sort of a venting post but also wanting insight from others.
rs4mis.jpg
28i0tph.jpg

Comments

• Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    How about an ob/gyn doing iui
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would at least do the initial appt and testing. Then you can use that info to help you decide how you want to proceed.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The reason we chose this RE over any other RE or doctor was because he did Heaths TAHBSO last year so already knows our situation. For those of you who don't, Heath is transgender and most people in our area aren't accepting or understanding of our circumstance and so that's why we opted to use Dr. Randolph.
    rs4mis.jpg
    28i0tph.jpg
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Speaking from someone who spent years trying on my own. I had a local dr.--general practitioner who was kind enough to write me prescriptions for clomid, ovidrel and progesterone when I asked for it and order any tests I asked for but I was on my own. He never gave me any direction. I spent thousands over the last 8 yrs. Go for at least the first appointment. See what he has to say. I waited too long and was past the age anyone in my state would take infertility patients. You are young but you have been at this a long time. I know the money is hard to come up with and the drive long and awful in the winter but it may just be the help that you need to make that baby you want so much. If I had it to do over again I would. I thought I could do it on my own. 8 yrs later in huge debt and worst of all no baby and never will be one. Since my TTC journey is over I was going off the forum but when I saw you back on I just had to stick around to see what I am hoping is your BFP and baby in your arms. Go get checked out. Follow the RE's lead for even just one cycle and see what happens...whatever decision you make good luck to you!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I called this morning and they do weekend appts but have a very small window of availability according to the receptionist. Still is better than nothing! We are still planning to meet with him Thursday after hearing this.

I think I'm just getting in my own head.
    rs4mis.jpg
    28i0tph.jpg
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope you become pregnant soon. I don't regret going to see an RE when I did.
  • Options
    allie8573allie8573 Posts: 181 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, are you in Michigan? I used Dr. R too. He's amazing. If you want to send me a private message, respond and I'll leave my email. I live in Ann Arbor but I know he practices at various clinics. There are also lots of accepting places in Michigan (my dad works at U of M and I happen to know many places).
    Lucky cycle #9: IVF Antagonist Cycle in February 2015! 5dt of a grade 4AA blastocyst and got my bfp 5dp5dt
    Ruthie Evan born 10/19/2015 at 36+6
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @allie8573

Sent you a PM!!!!
    rs4mis.jpg
    28i0tph.jpg