Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

We're trying for another

katookatoo Posts: 324
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Just dropping in to say hello. My wife and I have decided we're ready to try for our second. I was not expecting to be checking in so soon, but when I called yesterday to make an appointment for a consult with our RE, they told me I could come in tomorrow(!). The last time we went through this, I called to make the appointment in Feb., and they couldn't see us for a consult until July. I am ridiculously excited and scared out of my mind at the same time. We only have one vial left of our son's sold-out and no longer donating donor, so we're hoping for a miracle.

Comments

• Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    Hope it works the first time. :)
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    jones.mom02jones.mom02 Posts: 295
    edited November -1
    Yay I'm so happy for you!!!
    Celebrating 10 years together with 2 precious babies.
    Born: Jan, 2016 Home 2 IUI, partner carried
    Born: Nov, 2016 Home 1 ICI, I carried
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will you go for Ivf? Our RE told us she can shave a little bit off the frozen vial each time, thus making it potentially possible for us to get multiple Ivf cycles out of one vial (essential since we both want to carry again). She sees no reason at all why we couldn't get three or more Ivf cycles out of one vial, which could potentially be many embryos
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    katookatoo Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    No IVF for us. We're paying out of pocket. Assuming that there hasn't been a significant decrease in my fertility, our plan is to do the same protocol as before, and if it doesn't work out after a few tries, we'll stick to just the one. (That will be a hard pill for me to swallow, and it's possible we would pursue foster/adoption.)
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Good Luck to you. How exciting not having to sit and wait..must be a sign :)
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck!