Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Our baby girl is here :)

flashpackerflashpacker Posts: 363
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Our baby girl arrived safely and is an absolute joy. Labor went well. Managed to do the first 15 hours at home before I had signs of meconium and we headed to the hospital. Once there she was born about 5 hours later. Cord was wrapped around her neck and causing some decels, so I wasn't allowed to move around at all once in the hospital. Had the epidural for the last 2 hours because not being able to move was tough. That turned out to be a great decision because it made the pushing stage very easy/pleasant and it made me a lot calmer, which helped us avoid a C-section. Wouldn't have wanted to have had the epidural for longer but having it for a short time ended up being an excellent middle ground.

All of a sudden I feel extra protective so I don't want to put her pic and name on a public forum, but we are doing great!

Comments

• Options
    handsomecowboohandsomecowboo Posts: 284
    edited November -1
    Happy birthday little one! Congrats to the new family!
  • Options
    Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    Congrats on your new daughter! Such a blessing!
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Congratulations
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations! My daughter also had the cord wrapped around her neck when she was born, but it didn't cause any ill effects.
  • Options
    diane&tammydiane&tammy Posts: 1,467
    edited November -1
    Congrats!!
  • Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!!!!
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the world baby girl!
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    congrats!! What are signs of meconium if you don't mind me asking. My daughter is overdue and that is one of her biggest fears is that baby girl will make a bowel movement while still in utero, so I was wondering what the signs of it are that you seen so I can tell her what to watch for.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Congratulations on your little princess!
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    katelmkatelm Posts: 268
    edited November -1
    Congrats and welcome, baby!
    My amazing wife is the bedrock of our family. Three beloved foster children now in far flung places. One beautiful son born in March 2011. One amazing daughter born December 2014. We are blessed!

puzpm5.png

RIiYm4.png
  • Options
    jones.mom02jones.mom02 Posts: 295
    edited November -1
    Yay congratulations!!! I hope all is well!! Cord being wrapped can be scary but not always a bad thing. I hope for the best for your precious little girl!!!
    Celebrating 10 years together with 2 precious babies.
    Born: Jan, 2016 Home 2 IUI, partner carried
    Born: Nov, 2016 Home 1 ICI, I carried
  • Options
    kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    congratulations!!
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    congrats!! What are signs of meconium if you don't mind me asking. My daughter is overdue and that is one of her biggest fears is that baby girl will make a bowel movement while still in utero, so I was wondering what the signs of it are that you seen so I can tell her what to watch for.

I had pink blood on the t.p. from the start of the labor right through and then about 13 hours into it, I got a bunch of brown discharge. I didn't really know if it was something to worry about, it just gave me a bad feeling so we headed to the hospital at that point.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone! I got mastitis in one boob + a fever and had to go on antibiotics. Had a difficult couple of days trying to get it unclogged of massaging for hours and trying to feed on that side when she couldn't get the engorged nipple into her mouth because it had become so huge and mishappen. Other than that, has been very smooth sailing.
  • Options
    PlaidyPlaidy Posts: 90
    edited November -1
    Welcome to earth little one!
    ttc.png
  • Options
    che_aramiche_arami Posts: 787
    edited November -1
    welcome and congrats!!!
    got our miracle BFP on first IVF after 3 years TTC. DS born may 20, 2015 after emergency cesarean. all are doing well and trying to figure out this new journey!!
  • Options
    emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    So glad it all went well! Congratulations!!
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • Options
    merryshannonmerryshannon Posts: 503
    edited November -1
    Yay!! That actually sounds like a pretty nice birth experience, overall (right now everyone seems to be taking a little too much joy in telling me their horror stories, eeeeeek, so it's really nice to hear a good one!) So happy she's here safe and healthy <3
    2ekr8s1.jpg
    Early ovarian failure. 4 failed ICIs, 6 failed IUIs. Donor Egg IVF in Greece: IVF#1 12/2014 - BFP, miscarried at 6WK3D. IVF #2 4/2015 - BFN. IVF#3 7/2015 - BFP. Baby boy Searc born 4/8/16 - 9lbs, 2 oz <3

TTC Blog
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just a quick update that everything is going great with us. Baby is doing great (sleeping and feeding well) and Moms are besides themselves with love, and that feeling seems to grow everyday. We've been very lucky with the labor process and our baby, and to be honest I feel a bit guilty that we are having such as easy time of it. Anyway, just updating that all is well here!!
  • Options
    ruedeodeonruedeodeon Posts: 160
    edited November -1
    Awesome. You're also in what they call the "baby moon" phase. Give it a month or two :D
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @ruedeodeon lol, maybe we are.
  • Options
    ruedeodeonruedeodeon Posts: 160
    edited November -1
    Though there are some lucky folks out there I just sat through a whole movie with a sleeping 9 month old. Babies are the best. Truly.