Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Aiden has been invited to join Boys Level 4 Gymnastics Team

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Hi Everyone,

I have an exciting update on Aiden. Aiden's been invited to join the boys level 4 gymnastics team at our gym. They haven't had a level 4 boys team for awhile (only 5 and up), but they've decided to open one up for Aiden and some other boys that are ready. I'm so excited and proud of him. He will start in mid May.

The team coach said that practices will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for 3 hours each session. That's only one extra day than we are going right now, but is additional practice time. There's a job in the town gymnastics is in that I'm interested in so I'm going to apply. But I'm leaning towards driving the first year of team since it only is 3 days a week and the kids would still be able to go to sleep by 8:30 (in the car).

The hour and fifteen minute drive 3 days a week will be a pain, but I'm a little worried to pack up and just move when we just built/bought a house a year ago, I'm tenured as a teacher and have a good job, and driving for a year will give him a chance to determine if he likes team gymnastics or not. At that point he's had the chance to be in it and together we can make the best decision for our family. Team starts a bit later than his class starts right now, so we won't have to rush so much to get there on time (he's usually 5-10 minutes late one out of 2 days of practice currently). In fact we'd have time to go home and do some homework on have a snack before leaving which would be really nice. I hope I'm making the best decision for us.

I thought Addy and I could spend our time together by having a picnic supper at the park when it's nice or at the mall when it's not nice out, going to the park/mall playground, and joining a gym to take her swimming and have some time to exercise myself. If she wants to be in dance next year, she'll continue to have a dance class, and I'm hoping she'll be able to try gymnastics again and do better with understanding how to rotate centers.

Carolyn
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Congratulations Aiden. You are a devoted mom for sure.
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    What a great accomplishment for Aiden. I love the idea of the picnic's & joining a gym for you & Addy. Good luck!
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT