Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

First OB appointment

kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I finally feel comfortable coming over to this side. My doctor is really nice and seems easy to talk to. She had twins, so that makes me feel comfortable. I know she has personal knowledge about carrying two. I do need to meet all the other doctors though. There will be two at the birth. She said she's aiming for 38 weeks and if everything is perfect she'll let me go longer. We saw the babies again and their heart beats are still nice and strong. We'll get to see them every 3-4 weeks. She thinks I'm healthy, doing everything I should be, and was quick to answer the list of questions I had and encouraged more if they come up. I go back in 4 weeks, then I get to go home to see my mom for mother's day.
k4xs7.jpg
ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!

Comments

• Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    Twins?! I'm late to the party! I knew you were pregnant but didn't know you found out that there are two little precious peanuts in there. Congratulations times two!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks! We found out last week at our RE appointment. We're super excited and still in a bit of a shock. Now DH can't wait to find out if they are boys or girls. I think there's one of each.
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I love working with doctors who have "been there" My local GP and his wife went through infertility and he has been my rock. I am so glad things are going well with the babies..it will be exciting to hear their genders..I am soooo happy for you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks old mama :D
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    2NewMoms2NewMoms Posts: 394
    edited March 2016
    Congrats on the twins! Mine are almost 5 months now and what an adventure it has been!! I'm happy to answer any questions you may have or just lend an ear. Twin pregnancy is very different than a singleton pregnancy and raising two newborns is also very different! Best thing I did was to finish everything I needed to do by 28w. After that, you'll hit a wall. I was told I wouldn't go past 33w and I made it to my scheduled c-section of 37+1! Congrats again - so exciting!!!
    GiRUm5.png
    BFP at IUI #18
    kkyvm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks 2newmoms! i appreciate that. my family is having my shower early since i have to travel for it. it'll be around 20 weeks. my doctor said no matter how much i read, nothing will prep me for twins. it's going to be an adventure.
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Great news Kstarr! so excited for you.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    2NewMoms2NewMoms Posts: 394
    edited November -1
    The only thing that helped me was advice from twin moms. I was lucky enough to find an awesome twin network of moms who were due with twins in October/November of 2015. We all shared our pregnancies together and now sharing our experiences raising our children. I have learned so much from them and some veteran moms from my local twin association. The last 12 weeks of pregnancy is tough and the first 12 weeks of life is brutal. It gets easier and is truly an amazing experience!
    GiRUm5.png
    BFP at IUI #18
    kkyvm4.png
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Hello! Congratulations on your babies! I check out the boards every so often to check in with people we met and have been in touch with over the years and to see what's new:-) We have a 5 year old and 3 year old from a NW donor and now have twins on the way also!!! I saw your comment about still being in a bit of shock and wanted to say YES, totally, totally--I still feel this way. It's amazing and we are very excited, but WOW, surreal. I discovered the news at a 10 week appointment with the midwife that delivered our other two and will sometimes play the scenario through my mind of getting the news and all the feelings that followed. I'll be 30 weeks this Saturday and so far so good! Oh and we found out early (because there have been SO many appointments) the sex of our babies. We have di/di twins and a boy and girl:-) Anyway, just wanted to congratulate you and wish you all the best throughout this unbelievable yet incredible time!
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations again. I hope you and the babies have a healthy and relaxed pregnancy.
  • Options
    TurtlehartTurtlehart Posts: 834
    edited November -1
    Yay for healthy babies!! So glad to hear that the appointment went well! Keep it up little ones!
    Our sweet boy has arrived after TTC'ing for 4 years!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks everyone! A&J i forgot you were expecting again! congrats!! i don't think this shock will wear off for awhile. 2newmoms, i'll have to look into finding a group that's due around the same time.
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    Chocodaisy2Chocodaisy2 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Congratulations! I'm an SMC twin mom via donor sperm. It took me four years to get, and stay, pregnant. I live in your area. I went to ARMS in Phoenix, but I live in the far east valley.

My frat girls are a blast! It has been a crazy ride, but I was AMA and got it done. I have lots of twin baby things I'd love to get to you.

The forum has changed a lot since I was last on. If you can send me a message or give me some way to contact you, I can give you more details. We're not having more babies, and I know how hard you fought to get pregnant. We'd like to help another IF twin mom, and I have info on local groups, too.

Being a Mom of Multiples is great! Enjoy every moment!
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    I just wanted to say how thoughtful & wonderful of you to do this. I hope you guys can get connected.
    Congratulations! I'm an SMC twin mom via donor sperm. It took me four years to get, and stay, pregnant. I live in your area. I went to ARMS in Phoenix, but I live in the far east valley.

My frat girls are a blast! It has been a crazy ride, but I was AMA and got it done. I have lots of twin baby things I'd love to get to you.

The forum has changed a lot since I was last on. If you can send me a message or give me some way to contact you, I can give you more details. We're not having more babies, and I know how hard you fought to get pregnant. We'd like to help another IF twin mom, and I have info on local groups, too.

Being a Mom of Multiples is great! Enjoy every moment!
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    cchopefulcchopeful Posts: 47
    edited November -1
    Another twin mom here :)
    Congrats on the exciting news!
    I agree with everything everyone has said above.
    Also, don't ever be afraid to ask for help, and accept all the help that's offered to you. You'll need it!
    Things became more manageable for us when we got the twins on the same eating/napping schedule. Feeding both babies at the same time was the only way I could get anything else done, especially sleeping and spending time with our 2 year old. (I swear by the "My Brest Friend Twins Nursing Pillow" and "Table For Two twin feeding system". Worth every penny!)
    It's an exhausting but amazing journey. Welcome to the club :)
    Medicated IUI #1-5-BFN & At-home ICI #1-2-BFN
    March '12 Laparoscopy revealed inoperable blocked tubes.
    May '12 IVF #1 - Antagonist protocol w/ estrogen priming - BFP!!!
    2/13/13 Perfect baby boy born at 41 weeks.
    November '14 IVF #2 - BFP!
    7/17/15 Perfect B/G Twins born at 38w2d - Our family is complete :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks! that's so awesome of you. you can find me on Facebook. here's my link.
    https://www.facebook.com/kimberlystarr823

i'd love to find someone in the area with the same experiences. looking forward to hearing from you!

cchopeful- i have that pillow on my registry! i'll have to look at the table.
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    congrats on the twins!! I have identical twin girls. How I wish they were babies again!!
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16