Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

33+ week update!

2texasmoms2texasmoms Posts: 299 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Things are slow at work so I thought I'd update you ladies! Things are going well here--everything normal my doctor just keeps repeating "everything looks great" every time I see her. :)

We are working on getting the nursery set up--I have one more week before my spring break and plan to spend my week off really getting things organized and also getting both our cars fully detailed before we install the new car seats for baby #2 (and I will also probably give the toddler's seats a good cleaning!)

Physically, my biggest symptom is heartburn from hell. It's really killer; I've always had reflux problems but I think this time it's even worse than it was with DS. Also more BH contractions than I had with my first. Otherwise, energy is up more than I thought it would be, and I'm feeling good overall (minus the stupid heartburn!)

I toured the hospital's maternity ward, which they call the Family Birthing Center, and loved it. It's attached to the hospital, but quite secluded from the main part of the building. The rooms are big and are intended to be all-in-one: labor, delivery and post-partum. They really encourage you to make yourself at home while you're there and take a strong "mommy is in charge" approach. Touring there actually had me really looking forward to giving birth!

DS is slowly warming to the idea of the baby--it's funny, he loves babies in general, and always wants to "go say hi" and look at them when he sees one, but I don't think he gets that the baby in my tummy is going to come out and be a "real baby" too. We have gotten him to watch the Daniel Tiger big brother episodes and that has helped a little; last night he came over and blew raspberries at my belly and said, "I'm making the baby laugh!" Too cute!

Here are a couple pics from our recent maternity/spring family photo shoot:

mat6.jpg

mat1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Beautiful. I am glad things are going so well for you.
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those are beautiful photos. I can't wait to hear how it dawns on DS that the baby came out and is real.
  • Options
    Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    Great pictures! Not too much longer...
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Beautiful photos.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    I love the pictures! They are so beautiful! I think I am about as far along as you are and am taking some in a couple of weeks. I'm 33.5 right now. :)
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • Options
    jones.mom02jones.mom02 Posts: 295
    edited November -1
    So beautiful, love the photos and update!! Glad you toured and love the birth center. You're almost ready! So exciting! :-)
    Celebrating 10 years together with 2 precious babies.
    Born: Jan, 2016 Home 2 IUI, partner carried
    Born: Nov, 2016 Home 1 ICI, I carried
  • Options
    StephnHeidsStephnHeids Posts: 407
    edited November -1
    Gorgeous pictures!