Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Is it possible to your period at 6 weeks PP?

stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hi ladies,

So at six weeks post partum (yesterday), I started bleeding a bit. Post baby bleeding ended around week two (where I stopped needing panty liners), and I stopped spotting completely at four weeks. Until yesterday, which, by today, sure seems like active period bleeding.

But I have no cramps, and it's not quite normal period style blood either.

So.. Possible? I'm breastfeeding full time, but at three weeks PP got pretty sick, lost 7 pounds in two days and tanked my supply. It normalized again two weeks later, just in time for me to have ear surgery last week. Back on breastfeeding the same day, but my body's been messed with a little.

But.. A period? Last kiddo it was 18-months before I saw AF again.

I'm just a little worried, because if it's not a period, then I'm bleeding heavy for no reason after baby, and wondering if I should call my midwives.

Thoughts? Stories?

Thanks!

~ Sandy
407251321.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ruedeodeonruedeodeon Posts: 160
    edited November -1
    Mine came back around 6 weeks and I was still breastfeeding round the clock. My Drs said it's pretty normal and common.
  • Options
    dustysmomsbdustysmomsb Posts: 185
    edited November -1
    I also got mine back at 7 weeks pp. I was also exclusively breastfeeding. Totally sucked lol.
    Me (29) SMBC to beautiful boy (4) and TTC #2.
  • Options
    MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    Mine came back at 3 months pp, so around 12 or 13 weeks, which I felt was entirely too soon. It skipped months for the next year or so, which was some consolation. If your bleeding isn't your period returning, then it would be cause for concern, as the whole postpartum lochia adventure should be all done. Don't be afraid to go get it checked out if you're at all worried! But yeah, it could definitely be menstruation. :(
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Options
    stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whine...

But thank you! It's feeling more period-like as the day goes on. Alas, but better that than some concerning complication.

On the plus side, I thought we wouldn't be able to even think of another baby for two years. Now, maybe my period will be regular and we can consider trying for another after a year or so. :)

~ Sandy, yey? Glad I got a beautiful stash of cloth menstrual pads for post partum bleeding. Didn't think I'd need them again so soon, but.. they have robots on them. And unicorns. :)
    407251321.jpg