Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

It's not a girl.

OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
edited April 2016 in Pregnancy and Babies
But it is a heathy little boy! So that's all that really truly matters.
I'm scared about raising a boy, but we love him and ultimately I know it will be great.
My OB appointment is in two more weeks where we'll have our level 2 sonogram and hopefully confirm again he's as healthy as could be and hopefully we'll get some good peaks at our little baby boy cause all we could see clearly at the elective place yesterday was right between the leg! .. We got what we went there for lol

Comments

• Options
    MomsT&OMomsT&O Posts: 103
    edited November -1
    Congratulations on your healthy baby boy!
    Moms to a 4 year old (NW conceived)
    Angel Baby 08/13/2016
    TTC our Rainbow starting September 2018!
    Me (24, carrying) DW (23)
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    congrats on your baby. there is a site called ingender where people are struggling with the sx of their baby. I read alot with one of my children cause I had depression over it. for a yr.
    maybe you longed for a certain relationship w one sex over the other, I get that. I really only want another girl too. I struggle with my 2 other sons and their behaviours over girls. I just find it easier and I have had teenage girls too.
    anyway, it may take a bit to come to terms with even tho you love your baby and wanted them so badly.
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    I was thinking of you yesterday Okaybaby and wondering how it went. Glad your baby is healthy and regardless of sex you will love him. He has a great conception story. Maybe next one will be your girl :)
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    melandfomelandfo Posts: 490
    edited November -1
    I knew in my heart I was having a girl. I had always wanted a girl! When they told me we were having a boy I cried. But then I embraced it and started to get boy clothes and think of boy names. I now LOVE having a boy. He is my everything. If we have another one I really want another boy.
    Boys LOVE LOVE their Moms!!

Grieve the loss of the idea and want for a girl. Then you can refocus on the amazing healthy boy you are growing! Congratulations!
    Courtney and Melissa
    TTC # 1 w/PCOS & Hypothyroid
    17 cycles finally BFP
    tt1c499a.aspx
  • Options
    ruedeodeonruedeodeon Posts: 160
    edited April 2016
    You'll love your little boy. Boys are so fun. I now can't imagine life without my baby son. Tinydancer I kind of can't believe that you would struggle over the gender of your child so many people try hard for a child and find they cannot have one. Gender is gender it's irrelevant. Your post really annoys me.
  • Options
    Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    Congrats on the baby boy. He will be a blessing.
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I had raised 5 adopted girls before my boys started coming. I too wasn't sure how it would go. My boys were active and sometimes a handful when they were small but as they got older especially teens they were so much easier than my hormonal girls. Now you can work on the nursery and buy some clothes. I love my boys so much and really they are sweeter than my girls and easier to please. I have 5 girls and 3 boys.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Thank you all for the support. I feel like it's okay to have some gender disappointment .. No matter how much you wanted any baby. I am disappointed, but thankfully I am already accepting and moving on. I know I will just love him more than anything (even if I don't get sparking dresses and hair bows! Lol) All the grandmas just kept telling me how I could keep trying. (Uh huh. We'll see). I'm just destined for a baby boy. And that's okay too
  • Options
    New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
    edited November -1
    You could still do dresses :):) he might not appreciate it when he is older
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm glad you're feeling better about it already! I think it's easy to get caught up in a fantasy of what you think the perfect baby/child for you would be, but the reality is that your baby will be perfect for you no matter how much he differs from the daydream baby you imagined.
  • Options
    TurtlehartTurtlehart Posts: 834
    edited November -1
    Yay for boys!
    Our sweet boy has arrived after TTC'ing for 4 years!
  • Options
    katookatoo Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    I've always felt destined to mother boys, but wanted a girl so, so badly. When we found out we were having a boy, I definitely was a little disappointed. I honestly had no idea how to raise a boy. (Still winging it, actually!) My wife and I got over our disappointment, and now that we're trying for a second, I'd actually prefer another boy. We just have so much fun with our little dude. His enthusiasm is contagious, and he wears his heart on his sleeve.
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited April 2016
    Congratulations! Boys are fun. I too am hoping when I get pregnant to have a girl as I have an 11 year old son. He says we are going to have twins and have one of each. Which is fine by me. I know already I will be a tad disappointed initially but in the end it really doesn't matter as long as they are healthy. We can't all be as lucky as my sister and have boy, girl, boy and girl. I love his name. It's on my list without a middle name to go with it.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    hoping4number2hoping4number2 Posts: 321
    edited November -1
    With baby #1 I knew he was a boy from day 1. When the ultrasound tech said "it's a boy!" I said "I know!" and everyone was excited. Fast forward to baby #2. We went for the ultrasound, and I just KNEW it was a girl. WRONG. Boy. I was crushed. Not because I didn't want a boy, but because my intuition was great the first time, and not so great the second time. He is 11 weeks old now and such an amazing little baby boy! He has us wrapped around his teeny baby finger. ;) It's hard to come to terms, but just wait until you see that sweet little baby face!
    16bdg7b.jpg
    Baby #1: April 2011 TTC #2 since 2014 Attempt #10 = BFP! Baby arrived January 2016
  • Options
    merryshannonmerryshannon Posts: 503
    edited November -1
    I was hoping for a girl too, but after everything we went through to just get pregnant at all it wasn't too hard to adjust to the idea of a boy once we found out <3 I was mostly disappointed about the clothes, honestly, because I was looking forward to headbands and sparkles and pink, but I've found a ton of super cute boys' clothes and realized it doesn't all have to be sports and vehicles and superheroes. <3 now that he's here I wouldn't trade him for all the glitter and hair bows in the world! Congrats, you're going to have so much fun with him :)
    2ekr8s1.jpg
    Early ovarian failure. 4 failed ICIs, 6 failed IUIs. Donor Egg IVF in Greece: IVF#1 12/2014 - BFP, miscarried at 6WK3D. IVF #2 4/2015 - BFN. IVF#3 7/2015 - BFP. Baby boy Searc born 4/8/16 - 9lbs, 2 oz <3

TTC Blog
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    I was the same way....thought all along I was having a boy until the ultrasound showed girl! We just embrace what we have. I am thankful regardless though. :)
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Two days post disappointment and I am feeling much better. I can laugh about it, and think of great things about having a boy. I love my baby boy and all his snazzy lil bow ties already ;p
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    So happy for you.
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm happy you are taking time to honor your feelings. It will make meeting your son all the more sweeter. Congratulations on a healthy pregnancy.
  • Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    Congrats on your little boy :)
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for all the congrats and well wishes :) And some friends of my wife bought us a adorable lil newborn outfit with a bow tie! Lol those bow ties sure are dapper! We picked a donor that seemed super smart .. I can definitely love a nerdy dapper little boy :)
  • Options
    jones.mom02jones.mom02 Posts: 295
    edited November -1
    Awww I'm happy for your little boy but completely understand how you feel. I know you are happy but little disappointed. We have our boy and it's what I wanted but my wife wanted girl but still happy. For our second we are both hoping girl to have one of each but I'm still telling myself how cute it'll be to have 2 brothers.

One thing I don't like is all the clothing selection for girls and hardly nothing for boys. It's so ridiculous :( they have cute things too, why don't stores stock more for boys boo.
    Celebrating 10 years together with 2 precious babies.
    Born: Jan, 2016 Home 2 IUI, partner carried
    Born: Nov, 2016 Home 1 ICI, I carried
  • Options
    merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    YAY for boys!! Dang, it feels like everyone is having boys! You are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE your son - I am sure over the moon for my little boy! We dress our guy in whatever the heck we like, so he has plenty of pink and sparkles ;). We've found lots of more typical "boy" clothing that's freaking adorable too, so you'll have tons of options - having a boy hasn't slowed down my baby shopping one bit!
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was secretly hoping for a boy, so I think I would have had the same initial disappointment had we found out we were having a girl. I tend to be more drawn to the "boy" outfits as it has seemed to me there is an influx of neon in girls stuff in recent years. That being said, our most important thoughts were hoping for a healthy baby, regardless of sex. I have no doubt that Grayson will have all the love in the world and once you see him, it won't matter anymore.
    By the way, we are going with Elliott Reed for our little boy. :)
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Turtlehart wrote:
    By the way, we are going with Elliott Reed for our little boy. :)

<3 your name! Are you Scrubs fans? I loved that show!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I also love the name turtleheart!! :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    K&H, the name Elliott came from each of our favorite childhood movie characters. For me, it was Elliott the dragon in Pete's Dragon. For her, it was Elliott from E.T. Reed is just a name we both really like.
    Thanks!
    OkayBaby, so excited for you!
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Two great Elliots! Did you hear they're doing a new Pete's Dragon, maybe next year? (I forget exactly when) I can't wait!

No! I looked it up, this summer!! It looks amazing!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OlUkOid3TYc
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    I can't wait for the new Petes dragon!
    K&H wrote:
    Two great Elliots! Did you hear they're doing a new Pete's Dragon, maybe next year? (I forget exactly when) I can't wait!

No! I looked it up, this summer!! It looks amazing!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OlUkOid3TYc
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    2texasmoms2texasmoms Posts: 299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on a healthy baby! I was also disappointed that first baby #1 and now both are boys...but boys are so much fun! It is so fun to watch my son chase and wrestle with his cousin, and he is so excited that soon he will have a brother to play with (I haven't clued him in that baby won't be doing much "playing" for a few months!) Boys are FUN! Congrats again!