Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

37 weeks!

2texasmoms2texasmoms Posts: 299 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Full term today! Eek!

We are all set for baby, though--car seats installed (a new one for DW's car, and we'll be using DS's old infant seat in mine until the next Babies 'R Us trade-in rolls around!) and swing assembled. DS doesn't believe us that he used to fit in there! The nursery is all set up as well; we went with a woodland theme this time around. Built up our cloth diaper stash again as well (we didn't have a ton of newborn size from before, and we had to toss a bunch of DS's dipes as they were in really bad shape.)

I had my weekly check-up yesterday and found out I tested positive for Group B Strep. I'm a little nervous about this but I'm sure it will be fine. I may start my maternity leave a few days earlier than planned though. Doctor wants me at the hospital early in labor to start antibiotics for Group B, and I live just 10 minutes from the hospital but work about an hour away. I have the sick days to start leave a little earlier, plus, I'm SO ready to be done. (As DW put it, I am "fresh out of f***s to give!)

Hopefully I'll be updating again soon with pics of our new little one!

Comments

• Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    I hope everything goes smoothly!
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    I know how you feel about being done.....I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and just did the GBS test at my doctor today. I haven't received the results from that yet though. I'm very ready to meet my little girl though! I wish you luck and hope your little one comes soon!
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    That's great.
  • Options
    hortonhorton Posts: 67
    edited November -1
    I was GBS positive with my second baby. They had to do two doses of IV antibiotics, four hours apart. I'm allergic to penicillin, so idk if that protocol changes if you're not though. I went to the hospital earlier than I probably would have due to the GBS (my labor with my older child was not too long and I wanted to make sure I had 4 hours at the hospital before birth). I wanted them to start the abx immediately, but since I was only about 2.5 cm dilated, I could tell they didn't think I was really in labor. Luckily (?!) my son's heart rate dropped like crazy with every contraction (his cord ended up being around his neck), so that gained me admittance to labor and delivery. I think they still thought I had a long way to go, but I knew I didn't. They FINALLY got the abx in around 5:45 am(i had arrived around 4). I dilated from 3 to 7.5 cm in 20 minutes and my water broke. We were doing everything we could to slow him down, but he was ready to come out (plus he still had heart rate issues that were mostly, but not entirely, managed by me staying on my left side). He was born at 9:15. The nurse went ahead and pushed the second dose of meds right before I started pushing. She said they had a little "wiggle room" when it comes to timing. I was too busy to question that, and all went well for my son and I. I'm sure it will go well for you too!
  • Options
    che_aramiche_arami Posts: 787
    edited November -1
    so exciting! keep us updated!!
    got our miracle BFP on first IVF after 3 years TTC. DS born may 20, 2015 after emergency cesarean. all are doing well and trying to figure out this new journey!!
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ah yay!! Looking forward to updates!! Good luck!!
  • Options
    StephnHeidsStephnHeids Posts: 407
    edited November -1
    Can't wait to see pictures!
  • Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    So excited for you! Hang in there!
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    Yay! You're almost there! I also tested positive for Group B strep with my last pregnancy. I was told there's a 50% chance during each pregnancy that a woman will test positive... so there are lots of us out there, and nobody knows the cause. Enjoy these last few weeks & rest well...if possible! :)
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • Options
    hoping4number2hoping4number2 Posts: 321
    edited November -1
    I hope everything goes smoothly! I worked up until the day I delivered with DS1, and up until 10 days before delivery with DS2. If you have time to take off before baby I highly recommend it! It's so great to have those last few days of quiet, and also to spend a little extra time with your first born during his last moments of being an only child. :)
    16bdg7b.jpg
    Baby #1: April 2011 TTC #2 since 2014 Attempt #10 = BFP! Baby arrived January 2016
  • Options
    PatienceisavirtuePatienceisavirtue Posts: 777
    edited November -1
    Any update? Did I miss it?!?!
    TTC #1: 1-5 BFN; 6- BFP
    TTC #2: since June 2016...