Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

40 weeks 1 day

ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
So I know that most first time moms usually go over their due date. I am 40 weeks and 1 days today and feeling completely miserable physically. I also just want to meet my baby girl. It has just started to get hot here in Vermont, about 86 degrees today. Does anyone have any ideas to get things moving? My midwife won't induce until after 41 weeks. :P
Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
TTC~
Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz

Comments

• Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    walking or any form of exercise, intercourse, membrane stripping, acupuncture, acupressure, castor oil, red raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil, spicy foods, nipple stimulation or massage. :) Good luck!
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    melandfomelandfo Posts: 490
    edited November -1
    I was induced at 41 weeks exactly. Prior to that I walked and walked every day, bounced on the exercise ball, ate spicy food, eggplant parm, sex, raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil and had my membranes stripped 3 times. I went into labor but it stalled out a couple times and I ended up on pitocin and then an emergency c-sec (my BAby was 10 1/2 lbs) lol

I can't say if any of it worked to get it started. I just think they come when they are ready! They like to keep you on your toes! ;)

You will have her in your arms in no time! almost there!!!!
    Courtney and Melissa
    TTC # 1 w/PCOS & Hypothyroid
    17 cycles finally BFP
    tt1c499a.aspx
  • Options
    katelmkatelm Posts: 268
    edited November -1
    Well, castor oil definitely worked for me at 41w2d (at only 1/3 of the recommended dose!). Things didn't go so well for me during labor and delivery, though, which may have had nothing to do with the castor, but I still wish I hadn't tried to induce labor on my own. She will come soon! Best of luck bringing her into the world when the time comes.
    My amazing wife is the bedrock of our family. Three beloved foster children now in far flung places. One beautiful son born in March 2011. One amazing daughter born December 2014. We are blessed!

puzpm5.png

RIiYm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Update....still pregnant at 40+5. :/ I started having contractions starting last night at 9pm. They increased in frequency and intensity all night until they were every 3 minutes and were lasting about 30 seconds each. I eventually went to sleep around 5am, and they stopped. Has this happened to anyone else? I thought for sure I'd be having a baby today.
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN

• Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    She will come. I hope she comes soon. I was dying at 36 weeks. I can't imagine what 40 weeks would feel like.
  • Options
    flashpackerflashpacker Posts: 363
    edited November -1
    I've definitely heard of that stop/start pattern, and it going on for a few days. You might end up having a fast/easier labor with all that preparing your body is doing. The last bit is tough but you're almost there!! Good luck!!!!
  • Options
    momsquaredmomsquared Posts: 59
    edited November -1
    Very normal and means you are super close to meeting your little one! Baby must have preferred a June birthday
    December 2016 Ages 9,7,5 & 3
    IMG_4148.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    momsquared wrote:
    Very normal and means you are super close to meeting your little one! Baby must have preferred a June birthday

I guess so. It looks like she is going to be a June baby.

So I thought my water broke so we went to get checked out. False alarm, but they said I'm 1cm dilated and my body is getting ready. So I guess it will be sometime soon!

I'm now 40+6 though. :P They will induce if I make it to 42.
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN

• Options
    edited November -1
    blkbrd3 wrote:
    She will come. I hope she comes soon. I was dying at 36 weeks. I can't imagine what 40 weeks would feel like.

I hope so too!
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN

• Options
    merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    I credit lots and lots and lots of sex for Freddie's 37 week arrival. I'm sort of joking but sort of not ;)
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    merilung wrote:
    I credit lots and lots and lots of sex for Freddie's 37 week arrival. I'm sort of joking but sort of not ;)

Lol. I'm trying! Although sex at this point is so awkward. I'm still doing it hoping something will happen labor wise though!
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN