Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

BFP for Baby#2

syoung0204syoung0204 Posts: 504
edited November -1 in BFP Database
I don't want to go into too much emotional detail because it's still very early and I don't want to jinx anything, but we are so ecstatic (when we aren't bracing for the worst)! If everything goes well, we will be a beautiful family of four! We are so in love with that. We used the same donor, same carrier as baby #1.

Vitex. I really believe that was the key for us. This was our 4th cycle trying and the first cycle we used vitex. Last pregnancy, we got our BFP the first cycle we used Vitex, too. I wanted to wait this time to see if that was coincidence or causation, but now two for two, so Vitex gets the credit.

We used (1) vial of ICI at 24ish hrs past. Didn't tempt this cycle at all, but after 3 cycles of temping we were confident ov took place the day (or night) after positive OPK.

0-4 dpo No symptoms
5 dpo DW woke up with acid reflux & nausea
6-7 dpo No symptoms
8 dpo Shooting pains in uterus. Faint faint BFP on Wondfo taken in the evening after 4hr ish hold (not on purpose, we were out that day). Obvious BFP on FRER. Very faint HEB blue dye test (didn't trust bc blue dye).
9 dpo More uterus pain, but similar to AF pain. No other symptoms. Neg wondfo FMU, Very very faint FRER same sample, BFN on digital FRER same sample. Faint positive on blue dye.
10 dpo Faint BFP on wondfo still, but FRERs were a ton lighter, barely visible. Wondfo seemed darker, blue dye HEB was darker. Starting to hate the FRERs.
11 dpo Wondfos darker, FRER very faint. Tight uterus feeling, pain when picking up heavy things. No other symptoms.
12 dpo Tons of watery CM. DW thought it was AF. Pos on digital FRER. No other symptoms.
tt1d79f4
tt1b89c8.aspx

Comments

• Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    I am so happy for you guys! That's awesome. I am totally jealous as our donor is gone forever and our FET was our last hope at a full sibling.
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    diane&tammydiane&tammy Posts: 1,467
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    kelleymel wrote:
    I am so happy for you guys! That's awesome. I am totally jealous as our donor is gone forever and our FET was our last hope at a full sibling.

Before we bought more of our donor, I had already made peace with using a different donor. Actually it wasn't really making peace, it honestly never occurred to me that it was important to us. I think I did it only because I saw how important it was to others and was worried we were missing something.

I don't have any full siblings, all my brothers are half or step and looking back, I never felt anything was missing. We grew up together and share a lot.. memories, experiences, work ethic, annoyance with our parents, ha. Seeing my wife with her full siblings, I honestly don't see anything more beneficial. They all look completely different and aren't closer for it....to be honest, they seem to push away from each other more. Both her younger brother and sister were absolutely against going to the same school that one of the others went to. They were so dead set on "being original". I think I'm closer with my siblings than she is with hers.

Having different donors can be something they love about themselves. It will give them their own uniqueness (even though every one of us is unique, even twins). When they're older, you can make little charms with the donor number on it...make something special out of it.

I want to edit to say that I'm sorry you guys have to go through that pain. You guys have been on my mind and I am rooting for you!
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the congratulations! We are extremely lucky and pledge to make amazing, loving, caring human beings out of these two.
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx
  • Options
    perry261perry261 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats!
    Krystal - 28 - Future SMBC - PCOS - Pre-Diabetic - Insulin Resistant - MTHFR Carrier - Hypothyroidism - IUI 3/20/16 - BFN | ICI on 5/28/16 - BFP!! Sadly I miscarried on July 21, 2016 | ICI on 9/11/16 & 9/12/16 - BFN | IUI on 10/12/16 - BFP Due July 2017!!

Charlese was born on June 17, 2017 at 8:33 AM. She was the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. She came into this world weighing 7 lbs and 5ozs. She was 19 1/2 inches.

Will try for #2 around September 2019! I’m ready to complete my family!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!!
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    Congrats!
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    sjmsmith627sjmsmith627 Posts: 20
    edited November -1
    Congratulations! So exciting! :)
  • Options
    PatienceisavirtuePatienceisavirtue Posts: 777
    edited November -1
    Gah! I am soooo excited for you. Seems like just yesterday you guys had your first!!!
    TTC #1: 1-5 BFN; 6- BFP
    TTC #2: since June 2016...
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    So exciting! Congrats!
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Gah! I am soooo excited for you. Seems like just yesterday you guys had your first!!!

I know, it's crazy!! I can't imagine how much your little guy has grown!
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks again, everyone! Everyday we are thankful!
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    OH CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

(Yes, that really was shout worthy.)

I'm so excited for your family! I can't wait until you guys get to the place where your not nervous about the pregnancy. I'm sure everyone in your life will be ecstatic with joy for you all.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    blkbrd3 wrote:
    OH CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

(Yes, that really was shout worthy.)

I'm so excited for your family! I can't wait until you guys get to the place where your not nervous about the pregnancy. I'm sure everyone in your life will be ecstatic with joy for you all.

Thank you! :):):)
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx
  • Options
    PatienceisavirtuePatienceisavirtue Posts: 777
    edited November -1
    syoung0204 wrote:

He's huge! 18 months old and so much fun. I should post about all the cool things he's up to these days. Now if he would just sleep through the night......

I'm still so excited for you and onto a tiny bit jealous haha.
    TTC #1: 1-5 BFN; 6- BFP
    TTC #2: since June 2016...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    syoung0204 wrote:

He's huge! 18 months old and so much fun. I should post about all the cool things he's up to these days. Now if he would just sleep through the night......

I'm still so excited for you and onto a tiny bit jealous haha.

Isn't it the best age? Granted I don't know any age after this, but so far it's the best!!!
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx