Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

cloth diaper moms

kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
costco has a deal on fuzzibunz. $79.99 + $4.99 shipping for 7 diapers, a diaper tote, and 2 extra inserts. that's the best deal i've found on the internet so far.

here's the link: http://www.costco.com/FuzziBunz-Cloth-Diaper-System.product.100241148.html?catalogId=10701&keyword=cloth+diapers&langId=-1&storeId=10301
k4xs7.jpg
ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!

Comments

• Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    Thanks!! Pockets are the only diaper we haven't purchased yet and I want to try all types. Great price!
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    I love pockets too, what a deal!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i was so excited when i found this. i had to share.
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I might end up raising my grandson due Oct. 23. I had planned to cloth diaper my own baby so have a large stash of cloth diapers of different brands. For us it will be to safe $. With my big family I wash every single day anyway. I would imagine with twins there will be lots of diapers too!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i did the math old mama and it's crazy! we're going to do disposables until they are big enough for the cloths i have. i didn't want to buy newborn cloths. plus i imagine those first couple months are going to be nuts. when do you find out if you'll be raising him?
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    TurtlehartTurtlehart Posts: 834
    edited November -1
    This is a great deal! I may have to order them. We are planning on doing both cloth and disposable, but are at a loss about brand and style.
    Thanks for posting!
    Our sweet boy has arrived after TTC'ing for 4 years!
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    I've researched a lot and will probably do cloth.
    I'll probably do fts and prefolds with covers and pocket AOIs for nighttime.
    In cloth groups I've seem a lot of people posting that newborn sizes are great because they fit right but the baby grows out of the too quickly.
    I think Kelly's Closet has a program where you buy a set of diapers and can exchange what you end up not liking within 30 days. I guess it'll be a little more costly up front but if the diaper doesn't work for you, then you're not stuck with it.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    gprime11gprime11 Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    My newborn diapers were awesome. We used the for about 2 months. There are places that have a monthly rental just for newborn diapers.
  • Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    You can order diaper service for cloth diapers. It's fairly cheap compared to disposables, but if you do disposables, Costco has the most inexpensive diapers I've found (bonus that the quality is excellent)
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    Heather&MeganHeather&Megan Posts: 151
    edited November -1
    We plan on cloth diapering too and I was really excited when I saw the Costco fuzzibunz deal! (You don't have to have a membership to get them, just pay a $4 non-member fee.) I'm not sure what style we want so I've been watching ebay. I've gotten several brand new namebrand lots (bumgenius, charlie banana, rumparooz) and some WAHM and some generic ones there. All seem to be good quality and I can't wait to try them. I'm only 10 weeks now so I have awhile to build up my stash. For those that will be doing daycare, you might check with them that they will do cloth. My local daycares will do AIO or pocket style (as long as they are prestuffed), but won't do prefolds (or anything else that requires a separate cover).
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I encourage you to be on the lookout for local co-op buying clubs. I bought Thomas Sunbaby diapers at less than $6 per diaper + insert. It was a crazy good deal and they work really well for us.

Another option to consider is building a used diaper stash. Then you can try out many different brands before investing. I wish I'd done this with Thomas. I bought a ton of prefolds at a crazy good price. Sadly he's the only baby I've ever met that doesn't fit in a prefold.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i've bought a few from eBay, some grovia air's, bumgenius aio's and pockets, now i'll be getting a few sets of the fuzzibunz. i read that a variety works the best. pockets for nights, prefolds and covers for outings, and aio's for daytime. i'm also trying to stock up on cloth wipes too.
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    Speaking of cloth diapers I have a bunch for sale..... I was going to use them but never did. I brought them from a friend and they are slightly used. I'm willing to ship and would prefer to use PayPal for payments.

https://vermont.craigslist.org/bab/5656519773.html
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i will buy them from you! i can do paypal.
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    kstarr wrote:
    i will buy them from you! i can do paypal.

Sounds good to me. My email is ljimpey86@gmail.com. That would be the best way to communicate with me.
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • Options
    hoping4number2hoping4number2 Posts: 321
    edited November -1
    That's a great deal on fuzzibunz! For the budget-conscious: My favorite combo (also happens to be super cheap!) is FSTs (flour sack towels - - you can get them for $1 each at walmart or target in the kitchen towel department) and covers. I use Bububibi (on Amazon they are called BB2) covers and econobum covers. Both are excellent, inexpensive, and I am on baby #2 with this combo and wish I'd never spent the extra money on crazy expensive cloth! When we leave the house, I just use 2 FSTs or a bummis cotton velour doubler added to 1 FST. His diapers are super trim, and for overnight we use bamboo fitted overnight diapers. They are $14.99 on Amazon and we have 4 of them, and just wash every 3 days. They hold up all night with no leaks. We haven't used a disposable in over 2 months, and it makes me feel good about my sustainable baby decisions. ;)
    16bdg7b.jpg
    Baby #1: April 2011 TTC #2 since 2014 Attempt #10 = BFP! Baby arrived January 2016
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    I think I have more than enough cloth for when/if I have a baby.
    I had purchased FTS and covers to cover 2 days but then I found a listing on Craglist for a huge lot for $60.
    I got 3 Bum Genius pocket
    3 Bella bottom pockets
    A couple of covers
    And around 50 prefolds in all sizes!
    I really couldn't pass it up so now I probably have way too many!
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!