Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

IVF question

New-mama?New-mama? Posts: 593
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
For those who have gone through ivf do you mind sharing the cost of treatment and medications. Eggs retrieved and what you felt worked and didn't. Pm me if you prefer not to comment. I am debating on ivf but worried about getting too many embies. On 2.5 mg if femara I got 3-4 follicles none if which fertilized but worried I would overproduce on injectables. Maybe I'm worrying about nothing.
TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
pregnant-1494046800z5z1495083600z1.png
tt1d86de

Comments

• Options
    kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    my total with meds was about $14,000. they retrieved 19 eggs, 18 were mature. they used icsi to fertilize. we didn't do any medicated cycles before that though. neither one of us had fertility issues, except that his vasectomy reversal didn't work as well as we'd hoped. so it was just getting the sperm and egg to meet. before and after we started our meds, i did acupuncture and meditation. for me, the whole process wasn't nearly as bad as i made it out to be in my head.
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Kstarr do you mind sharing the name of the clinic you went through. How did the whole procedure go for you. Did the price include freezing and storage of you embies.
    TTC attempt 1: ICI Dec 2015 BFN/Attempt 2-3 IUI Jan&April 2016 BFN/Attempt 4: 1ICI 1 IUI May 2016 BFN/Attempt 5-7: ICI-June, Sept, Nov 2016 BFN/Attempt 8-9 iui April 2017 BFN.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    My husband took a job with Starbucks so that we'd have insurance coverage for our cycle, so we paid about 2k out of pocket (deductible and copays). Without insurance coverage it would have been right around 18k including meds. I had 21 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 transferred on day 3 and 5 frozen. I also did acupuncture and meditation. I thought IVF was less stressful than IUI's.
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the info merilung. maybe if I wait I can try gettin a part time right now it's not possible since I am finishing one last semester of school. Congrats one your son.

Kstarr hope you pregnancy is progressing well and wishing you a safe delivery and healthy babies.
    May 2017 IUI BFP!!!!
    tt1d86de
  • Options
    kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    i worked with Troche Fertility Centers in Glendale, AZ. my total loan through lending club was $14,294. $10,794 of that was what the clinic charged. tricare covered some of my meds, they covered progesterone and one of the other ones, i can't remember which. it covered cycle coordination, office visits, ultrasounds, all labs, retrieval, sperm processing and prep, icsi, extended culture (i don't know what this is), transfer, assisted hatching if needed, storage of extra embies for one year, and a hcg blood test. the only added cost was $425 for anesthesia. they wouldn't let me lump that in with the loan. i also qualified for a 50% discount on my meds through EMD Serono.

the staff was amazing and answered the few questions i had. the process wasn't bad at all. DH gave me all my shots. (i'm a big baby when it comes to watching needles go into skin) the only super uncomfortable part was the couple days before retrieval my ovaries were covered in eggs and i was very crampy. a heating pad worked wonders. i was really nervous about the retrieval. i had never had anesthesia before. they put an iv in my hand, gave me some drugs, and it just felt like i was really drunk, but in the good way. the anesthesiologist told me to just close my eyes. i did and the next thing i knew i was waking up. i came out of it really well. they kept me for about an hour to make sure i was steady. no bed rest after that, but i did go home and sleep. starting on the third day after retrieval, they called me everyday to tell me how all my embryos were doing. i did my transfer on day 5. it was easy, and quick. the best part about that part was watching the ultrasound screen. we saw the fluid and embryos go into my uterus. i thought it was one of the most special moments of my life. they told me not to test at home. i just spent a ridiculous amount of money on this whole process, i was testing at home if i wanted to. i got a negative on 3dp5dt. so i know the trigger was out of my system. i then got my first positive on 5dp5dt, essentially 10dpo. i had great numbers at 15dpo with my beta. that's the only one they did. we had our first ultrasound at 7weeks4days which confirmed the pregnancy with twins. besides a few weeks of nausea and some intense smelling abilities, i had a great first trimester. the second isn't bad either. i have some rib pain and my feet swell for no reason, but i have no complications. so far, i think i lucked out. it's been a lot easier than i anticipated. we'll see how i feel in a few weeks when i hit the third trimester.

i hope this helps you. thanks for the well wishes :D
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!