Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Help with nausea

JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
This week has proven to be the most difficult in this pregnancy. I've been dealing with some nausea for the last few weeks but it has really intensified. Nothing seems to be helping. I've tried preggie pops, sports drinks, ice chips, crackers, candied ginger, vegetable broth, and popsicles.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to deal with it?
LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.

Comments

• Options
    allie8573allie8573 Posts: 181 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    B6 and unisom. Both over the counter. Talk to your doctor or triage nurse. They should be able to give you proper dosing.
    Lucky cycle #9: IVF Antagonist Cycle in February 2015! 5dt of a grade 4AA blastocyst and got my bfp 5dp5dt
    Ruthie Evan born 10/19/2015 at 36+6
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aside from meds .. Sour is supposed to work well. I liked green sour grapes. Also if I was craving something, I ate it.. Better something than nothing. And peppermint is supposed to be helpful. I picked up a bag of peppermint disks to suck on. Hang in there!!
  • Options
    kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    have you tried those wrist bands? they hit pressure points that alleviate nausea. they are in the pregnancy section near the pharmacy at target. i've also seen them in the stomach aisle near the dramamine.
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Peppermint essential oil on my wrists and temples really helped. As well as peppermint gum.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    As much as the idea of eating doesn't sound like something you want to do keeping small amts. of whatever food you can get down does help. I had awful nausea with all pregnancies and having a totally empty stomach made it worse.
  • Options
    katookatoo Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    Unisom and sour jolly ranchers made it manageable for me. I also took a few zofran, but I felt the zofran side effects just ended up making it worse.
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh, I think I'm headed here. Every day gets a little bit worse. Today is 7w5d and it's pretty bad.
    Thanks for these ideas!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    hopeful2014hopeful2014 Posts: 428
    edited November -1
    The Seabands definitely helped me. And runts (the candy) helped a tiny bit. My issue was nausea, I never actually progressed to the vomiting stage, thankfully. One of the nurses at my OB's office also suggested skittles.
    35 years old - SMBC * 3 ICIs, 6 IUIs, 1 ectopic, 1 chemical, blocked left tube.
    Lucky #10 - IVF!
    Two sweet baby girls (IVF 2015, FET 2017)
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    i had ti horrible too. know that this will likely be a few weeks more so stock up on things you like and need now cause when you feel like you have the flu everyday for weeks, you cant think straight.

unisom and b6/b12. take a half a pill at night and half around noon. or a 1/3 if makes you tired. the nausea bands for sure work!! I never puked either just constant nausea feeling. which is actually worse cause you feel better after puking for sometime... peppermint make it worse for me. CBD oil was helpful. lots of snacking/carbs/protein. tart drinks. i hated water. milk helped for me.
    alot of sleep. distracting oneself w tv and outdoors. swimming. ginger chews worked a little. so many things did NOT work. LOL
  • Options
    JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone! My RE nurse recommended 50mg B6 and half a Unisom pill. Apparently my body really overreacts to even a small dose of Unisom and I slept for almost 10 hours straight (I'm usually lucky if I can get 6 hours). I woke up in a bit of a haze, which actually made having a green smoothie for breakfast a little easier. I think I really need to get out of the habit of eating 3 meals a day and get used to eating a lot of small meals.
    LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
    Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
    Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
    Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.
  • Options
    diane&tammydiane&tammy Posts: 1,467
    edited November -1
    Sipping dill pickle juice helped me and I took Zofran when it got really bad. The nausea finally went away at about 17 weeks.
  • Options
    handsomecowboohandsomecowboo Posts: 284
    edited November -1
    I just recently heard someone swear by sipping the liquid in canned fruit, like peaches.
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    B6 really worked for me, although towards the end of my pregnancy I caved and got s prescription for zofran. Another thing that helped was making sure I ate before taking a shower in the morning and making sure I had some type of protein with breakfast.
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz