Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Traveling with a newborn

JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
So this is well into the future but I'll need to make a decision fairly soon. One of my best friends is getting married and he's decided to have the ceremony in Puerto Rico in late April. My due date is in late February so we would be traveling with an 8 week old infant. Am I completely out of my mind for even considering booking tickets? And does anyone have any advice if we decide to actually go?
LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.

Comments

• Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    I thought traveling with our daughter when she was an infant was easy. There is a lot of stuff to bring, but she slept the whole flight. The younger they are, the more they sleep. Now, traveling with a toddler was NO FUN AT ALL HAHAHAHAHHAHA
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I agree with Kelleymel traveling with tiny babies isn't too bad. As long as they have a full belly and dry bottom they are good to go.
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    Just go!!
    My nieces started traveling when they were 3 weeks old. Carriers are a blessing through the airport and if you can find a room with a kitchenette it will make things much easier.
    On our first trip it was really not much different than being at home.
    Does your friend have family in PR? Maybe someone will have a car seat they can lend you while you're there.
    We had family living there so we bought car seats on Amazon and had them delivered there. Our family brought them to the airport and kept them when we left. MUCH cheaper than renting a car seat from the car rental.

I don't know if you've ever been to PR but youll have little trouble finding brands you buy from chain stores in the states.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    I would travel with a 8-week-old any day over a older infant! I just flew and we had a 10 mo, 1,2 & 6 year old. It wasn't too bad. A 8 week old is going to be much easier.
  • Options
    JamesJean23JamesJean23 Posts: 82
    edited November -1
    Do it! So much easier than with a toddler!