Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Headaches on PIO?

JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I started the progesterone in oil shots last Friday and for the past 2 days I've had the worst headache. Nothing I've tried seems to be helping (Tylenol, cold compresses, heating pad to the back of my neck, laying down in a dark room, etc). I sent a message to my doctor about this but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Also, any suggestions on how to get rid of this headache?
LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got terrible headaches when I came off the progesterone, so I'm sure they're the cause. I would google it and see what others have had success with. My only success was time. :(
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    I'm not on progesterone, but I had a horrible headache today and no Tylenol or cold compress at work (my usual go tos). A colleague gave me peppermint oil and told me to dab on my temples. It worked!
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Didn't ever used the progesterone in oil but have used suppositories...yes headaches...bad ones. You don't want to take anything because of maybe baby but some things that have helped some...dark, quiet room, cold compresses behind neck, forehead and where it hurts, hot shower running on head or even just a warm bath. My pharmacist suggested chug a lunging a coke with caffeine...something about the caffeine doing something to the blood vessels...one won't hurt you. Just warning you too that progesterone also brought on so many other pregnancy symptoms...nausea, vomiting, constipation, body aches and pains...you will swear you are pregnant.
  • Options
    JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
    edited November -1
    After speaking with both my medication nurse and OB, we decided to try a combination of Tylenol and caffeine (in the form of 1/4 cup of coffee since that was the only caffeinated thing we had in the house). Amazingly, it worked in less than a half hour. It's kind of funny that my RE suggested removing caffeine from my diet while we were going through fertility treatment and now my OB recommends it. But at least I finally found something that works. Thanks everyone!
    LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
    Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
    Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
    Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.