Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

small update on us

kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
both boys are doing great. i get weekly growth scans now due to the gestational diabetes and on thursday they were measuring a bit ahead at 5lb2oz and 4lb15oz. that's considered 35 weeks and i just hit 33 on friday. the tech said they have big heads and their abdomens don't look like they're affected by the GD. thank God!! i also go in twice a week for NST's. they've been mostly good, except yesterday's. baby b gave us a scare and wasn't moving a whole lot. so the doctor sent us to the hospital for a BPP (bio physical profile). turns out he was just being stubborn and everything was fine. scared the crap out of DH. he lost his first born 19 years ago due to being born at 23 weeks. he's scarred by it and is dreading nicu time.

i still don't know if my doctor will let me do a vaginal delivery or schedule a c section. baby a is always head down, but baby b is always transverse or breech. two of the doctors in the practice are comfortable with turning baby b after a is born vaginally, and two are not. the two that are comfortable are a bit older and foreign and the two uncomfortable ones are very young and american. i wonder if that has anything to do with it. i'm dreading a being born vaginally and b needing a c section. that sounds horrible and apparently it happens a lot. it just sounds like a terrible recovery.

my gestational diabetes is being well maintained. i'm on 2.5mg of glyburide one time a day. i miss bread so much. i also want a fountain pepsi. bad. only about 5 more weeks and i can have one. it's worth it as long as the boys don't have negative affects.
k4xs7.jpg
ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!

Comments

• Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm glad the boys are doing well! I had to be super strict with the GD diet, and it SUCKED, but knowing it was only temporary helped a lot.
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I am glad things are stable for you and babies are doing well. I bet hubby better show up with that Pepsi when babies are here safely!
  • Options
    OkayBabyOkayBaby Posts: 503 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gosh I can't belive you're rounding the corner to fully baked already! I can't wait to see pictures!! :D
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    So glad everyone is doing well.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Happy to have logged in to see this update. Sounds like you are doing a great job!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    cchopefulcchopeful Posts: 47
    edited November -1
    My b/g twins are 14 months old now. But like you, Baby A was always head down, and Baby B was always transverse. I was originally given the option of attempting vaginal or going straight to C-Section, but I REALLY felt pressured into vaginal. Every time I said I wanted a C-Section, all the docs in my OBGYN office waived me off and said the Baby B "usually" slides into place.

So I was induced at 38+2. Baby A was out in two pushes. Baby B did NOT slide into place so they tried to manipulate her, her heart rate dropped, and she was an emergency C-Section. She's perfectly fine now, but it was very traumatic, the recovery was kind of sucky. I say all this not to scare you, but to tell you to follow your gut. I wanted a C-Section and should have stood up to the docs. YOU know what’s best for you and your babies. Do what feels right and everything will be great. (:

Best of luck and get ready for the ride of your life. Having twins is crazy awesome!
    Medicated IUI #1-5-BFN & At-home ICI #1-2-BFN
    March '12 Laparoscopy revealed inoperable blocked tubes.
    May '12 IVF #1 - Antagonist protocol w/ estrogen priming - BFP!!!
    2/13/13 Perfect baby boy born at 41 weeks.
    November '14 IVF #2 - BFP!
    7/17/15 Perfect B/G Twins born at 38w2d - Our family is complete :)
  • Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    Wow, you're almost there. Time does fly by...
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm glad to hear you all are doing well. I hope the kids put a hold on scaring Dad for a good long while.
  • Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    Wow. Time flies! (For everyone except you I'm sure!) I remember you announcing to everyone that you are pregnant and are having twins. Good luck with things are follow your gut of what you think is right.
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • Options
    2NewMoms2NewMoms Posts: 394
    edited November -1
    My twins are 10 months old and I remember the dilemma of vaginal or CS. I REALLY wanted to do a vaginal but baby B was transverse the entire time (baby A was head down the entire time). My doctor was comfortable with a vaginal and said that baby B can go either way after A was out, but there was a chance of needing a CS too. She said as long as Baby A was bigger (which she was estimated to be), we wouldn't have a problem. Although I was super scared of a CS, I was more scared of healing both ways so I opted for the CS. Good thing I did because Baby B ended up being bigger and the doctor said I probably would have needed a CS anyways! The CS went AWESOME and the whole experience was much better than I thought it would be. Next pregnancy will be a scheduled CS all the way.

Good luck!! Almost there!!
    GiRUm5.png
    BFP at IUI #18
    kkyvm4.png
  • Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    We only had a singleton, but my wife's c section was easy. She felt great, and was up walking the next day. We were released home at 48 hours. We had a 2 story townhome and she was climbing stairs immediately.
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    I'm 34 weeks now and still hoping for vaginal. Baby A has always been just a tad bigger. My next growth scan isn't until Oct. 13. DH doesn't think I'll make it that far. Everything is still up in the air and nothing has been scheduled. Thanks for all your stories!
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!